Our birthdays are two days apart. Last week we each turned 27!
Brian's birthday:
*I just realized that I have a double photo in here. I just don'thave it in me to fix it. Oh well.- McKay was so excited for Brian's birthday- I went in to check on him the night before and he had put his party hat back on and was peacefully dreaming of the party.
- We went kayaking down the Provo river. It was so fun and so beautiful and I decided that kayaking should probably be one of our "things". My whole family was shocked to find out that I not only went kayaking, but that I planned it. Why can no one see me doing this?
- Eating dinner at the OG. One of our favorites.
- I made Brian a cheesecake- his favorite. McKay was overly excited to eat the strawberries.
- I bought Brian a bunch of clothes. He hates getting clothes for presents but I didn't even care. The man needed new clothes, like it or not. Usually he will tell me something that he wants me to get him. This year I didn't even let him and I felt liberated as I shopped in clothing stores instead of Out-n-Back. Sad to say he only like ONE shirt! So hard to shop for someone who is so picky but doesn't like anything that's in style. Love you Sweetheart, but it's true!
Brian then left for a three day scout trip and I was left on my own for my birthday. It was weird to not be with him, but I still had a great day. Here are the highlights:

- Started the day off cleaning my house - my birthday present to myself.
- Really enjoyed lunch with my parents and Jana at CPK. Their split pea soup is my favorite. (Sounds weird but it's so good.)
- Watched Jana and my dad explore Macs at the Apple store. I get it, I do. Those commercials make me feel so uncool.
- My sweet sister Lisa was my "husband" while Brian was gone and had a little party for me at her house. Festivities included feeding the horses over their back fence (McKay's favorite part), playing at the park, eating cake and lying on the grass looking up at the stars. Thanks family, for taking care of me on my birthday~!
- Getting tickets to Wicked for next year! So excited!!!
And what about this little guy. . .
3 comments:
Happy Birthday to you! I am so sorry that you had to spend you day without your hubby. I am glad it turned out to be a good day. I love that picture of McKay with the party hat on-it is so cute.
I am so jealous of the tickets to Wicked. Steve may go in Seattle next year with his choir and I told him not to bother coming home if he goes to Wicked without me. Glad you had fun -
Happy birthday to the two of you. Chris and I are 4 days apart, must be fate when you are that close together in age. We went and saw Wicked last year in Denver...IT IS AWESOME!!!
Post a Comment