We had a beautiful Easter weekend, which included the nicest weather we've had all year. Um, to say I've been stressing about Easter (again) is kind of an understatement- there's just so many ways you can do it and trying to blend traditions and make new ones has not been the easiest thing for me to figure out. But this year I made a plan. And it went well, although I'm sure I'll be tweaking it for years to come. At least we have a plan! But enough talking about Easter, here's our weekend:
Friday:
Miss Layla lunging towards some empty eggs.
Sadly, pink is the only color that didn't really do much dying, much to Ellery's dismay.
Orange is her next favorite color, so at least there was that.
McKay put on a HUGE tee shirt for this. He was really into making stripes on his eggs.
Brian's been waiting all year for a warm enough day to set up his tent and water proof it. Friday was the lucky day, and the kids played house in this tent for over an hour.
Also, we got to go on a date...without kids! It was quick, but it was a date. My sweet friend offered to watch the kids and Layla cried for her, but that's to be expected.
Also, we got to go on a date...without kids! It was quick, but it was a date. My sweet friend offered to watch the kids and Layla cried for her, but that's to be expected.
My kids had no idea that they would be hunting for eggs when they woke up.
This was kind of weird because there was zero anticipation. Something I would do differently next year. That magic was just missing.
They still had fun though, and each had a different room to hunt in.
Layla didn't hunt, but she was just as pleased with her easter basket full of paper grass and her flower headband.
McKay's last three tee ball games have been cancelled, so we were all excited when it was 70+ degrees outside on Saturday. I didn't get a picture of the athlete, but here we are camped out watching.
About, oh I don't know, once a year, Brian makes himself a big steak. This was the special day and here is his big old steak. After he ate this he decided that it might become a once a month steak. I like to dip my veggies in A-1. Ellery ate a roll and that's it for dinner. McKay loves steak and was moaning during each bite. Poor deprived boy.
After playing outside ALL day, I decided that Ellery and I could use a good pedicure,
and Layla hung around to watch.
Sunday:
Family pic before church.
If Ellery doesn't want to have her picture taken, it's pretty obvious. This was one of those times. But, my girls looked adorable and I am still shocked at myself for how much I enjoy dressing them alike.
Easter scripture activity after church.
Then off to the Eddington's for a delicious Easter dinner. It was a lovely weekend!


5 comments:
It looks like such a fun weekend!
I am practicing my skills of commenting. Here it goes. I wish I could have seen Ariana squished in an egg. Thats all. Oh, and I love your kids.
I totally understand the stress of blending traditions. We are still working on that. :) Looks like a fun weekend. I am glad you had a nice couple of days to get your tent out. We are excited to get ours out too. The girls look so cute in their matching dresses.
Love the family picture. You have such a beautiful family.
Your little family picture is so cute! Love Layla and her headband, too.
Post a Comment