So it's finally here. Day one done out of 56.
I drove Brian to the airport early this morning.
Yesterday was a hard day. Our last day.
I could have cried every time I looked at him.
I did sometimes.
I thought this morning would be harder.
I could have hugged him for an hour right there on the drop-off curb.
I hated seeing him walk away.
A few tears came as said goodbye,
and a few more as I listened to Celine Dion sing about lonely hearts on the radio.
Then I thought "how silly" and turned it off.
I talked to him five times today.
I loved picturing him riding his bike to get groceries.
Not just any bike either, a beach cruiser!
But, this is not going to be easy.
A shack.
Cockroaches instead of roommates.
And humidity.
I could go on, but he wouldn't want me to.
Up until this morning I kept worrying about me.
How am I going to do this?
Now my focus has shifted.
I suddenly realize I should have been thinking more about him.
I hate that he has to do this.
But I know he will.
He's amazingly strong.
My heart is just hurting. . .for lots of reasons.
But mostly, tonight it's hurting for him.
October 8th can't come soon enough.
0 comments:
Post a Comment