I have been on vacation from the blog for awhile, obviously- and still am- but there's lots going on and if I don't share it now, I might never do it. Here's a minimal look into the last month for us:
- Took a trip to Disneyland in December. It was very fun, despite McKay's depression due to the fact that before we left he found out that we would be moving to an unknown location. Not very good news for a six year old.
- Our trip to Utah for Christmas was wonderful. We did lots of fun things, lots of nice visiting, and ate way too many treats. Like just ate and ate and ate. Regret.
- Took two trips within our trip to Pueblo, Colorado and Twin Falls, Idaho. Pueblo? Well, we're not fans. It was kind of fun/horrifying to be in a huge snow storm while there, and we were so glad we got out on time. Twin (as the locals say) was nice and we had a house picked out to rent by the time we left. We felt good about moving there, okay about the job, and excited for the new possibilities.
- We were this close to accepting the position in Twin Falls (and excited about it)
- Went to the temple, got the feeling that going to Twin Falls was "okay!" Not a place we were drawn to or a feeling that it was meant to be, but okay. Fine. Good. Okay.
- Then the Utah group sent an email- like down to the wire timing here. We hadn't heard from them in months and had absolutely no thought we would.
- Brian met with the Utah docs the next day and began discussing their position. We had a few concerns with their package, but couldn't ignore the impeccable timing and interesting chain of events that led to this discussion.
- We celebrated New Years, played a hilarious game with the whole Fuehrer family (Rollick) and pondered on our decision.
- Had quite possibly the worst drive home in the history of all drives. Elle- puked three times (yes, the first was chunky, fragrant and got everywhere), Layla had diarrhea (I always promise not to write that word on my blog, and I can't seem to keep it) which resulted in two change-the-clothes leakages, and I had tweaked my back from an awesome game of bowling two weeks earlier and had since been suffering with extreme back pain- you can imagine what sitting in a car for twelve hours does for a bad back. It was not pretty. It was actually really, really awful and I didn't know if I could make it home, but some how we did it.
- Got home, more phone calls and emails with the doctors and some of the initial concerns with the position were dissolved as some changes were made.
- Idaho was still waiting on our decision and we had less than a day to make the decision once the Utah offer came through. I will admit, our house was divided.
- We both recognized how incredible it was that he was the one being offered this job. It is not easy to get back to Utah as a CRNA. In fact, I wondered if we ever would. So to be given this opportunity was huge. It just came a little sooner than I was ready for.
- A desperate prayer was said (by me) to know what path we needed to take. A very specific answer was given and I knew Utah was where we were supposed to be. But I also knew that this decision and process would be very uncomfortable for me. I am very excited to be by our family again, but I am mourning a lot of things on many levels with this decision. I know I have to have faith in this path, and that there are great things in store for us, it just feels like it's a long way off. I'm doing so much better than I was a week ago. Getting better everyday.
- We took the Utah offer and will be driving away from Oregon in exactly two weeks. I'm already crying. It's going to be so hard to say goodbye. Change is hard, even when it's a good change.
- We learned that paperwork and credentialing from the hospitals take several months to process, and therefore we will be unemployed until April, and therefore, we'll be moving in with Brian's parent's for a few months.
- I went into shock at this news and wondered why we had never heard that credentialing would take that long. I pictured myself in a new (to us) house with a backyard by February. But that's not to be- more waiting. I thought I had waited quite awhile for this so to add six months to that plan has taken some getting used to.
- Brian will be working at Orem Community hospital, American Fork hospital, and also at a facility in Sandy. The job is just okay right now, but will likely be his dream job in a year or two. . .or less, we hope.
- Brian is currently studying for boards all day, every day. I cannot wait for his test to be over (next Thursday!) and I know Brian is even more anxious than I am.
It's been an eventful couple months for us and isn't likely to slow down any time soon. I'm anxious for when it does though. Then I can fill you in on all the details, like how Layla has just begun to say poop repeatedly for no reason or how our hard drive died and we are desperately trying to recover all our pictures from 2011, or even how Ellery admits to being glad that we ordered a girl baby (Layla) and not a boy baby. Until then...

6 comments:
Sarah, so glad you are feeling better about the upcoming move. And so glad you are back blogging. See ya in two weeks!
Glad to finally hear the news. I've been checking your blog frequently for the updates! Change is hard! We should meet up with you when we come down to Utah in March for Spring Break.
congrats you guys on the job!! sorry it isn't perfect just yet but it will be soon. sad that you guys aren't going to be here in arizona but i'm glad you guys will be with your family again. can't wait for more updates.
I am so glad that you have a job offer, and selfishly glad that you'll be in Utah so we have the possibility of getting together :)
SO excited and happy for you. I have a hard time with change too...but at least you'll be familiar with the area. :)
Yeah! You're coming back! Lehi is a great place to look for housing when you're ready. :)
Hope to see you very very soon!
Post a Comment