Wednesday, May 16, 2012

i feel like sharing

What is my blog?  I don't even know anymore.  But today, it's a place where I want to tell you (whoever still stops by) about a couple things I feel need to be shared.

First, this book:


My mom was getting rid of a box of books and Lisa handed me this book and said I might like it.  She was right.  I couldn't put it down.  You know when you have a book and you want to read it all the time so you treat yourself to it to reward yourself?  Like, when I put the kids to bed, I can read my book after I fold all the laundry.  That was this book for me.  I treated myself all over the place.  It's a little weird/disturbing, but I loved it.  You should read it.

Disclaimer/Intriguing tidbit:  there is a breastfeeding child in this book.  Child, not infant.  If that gives you the creeps, stay away.



Okay, moving on to a couple of recipes from Pinterest that are complete winners in our house:


Balsamic Chicken Tortellini Pasta



One of Brian's favorite flavor combinations is balsamic vinegar, tomatoes and basil.  We have many recipes with this flavor combination, but this one is our newest favorite.  It's a really great, light meal for summer.  Also, it looks really beautiful with all the different colors.



BBQ Chicken Quinoa Salad


This is another one that we all really love.  And when I say we all, I not only mean my little family, but the big family that we currently reside with.  I was afraid of quinoa for awhile, but really wanted to incorporate it into our meals.  This was the recipe that made me fall in love with it.  Here's a tip in cooking quinoa (or how I do it anyway):  Soak it in water for 10 minutes or so, then rinse a few times, then drain.  Put it into a frying pan and toast it on the stove until it looks/feels pretty much dry.  Then cook according to package directions.  Also, I cook it in chicken broth (buillion+water) instead of just water.  I think it adds to the flavor quite a bit.  I love quinoa!  Try it in this recipe and you will too!

Okay, this is a weird post that took me way too much time, when I should be blogging about my children or something, but it's done. 

0 comments: