I wanted to make skirts for my girls to wear on the 4th of July. So I did. I am not a seamstress at all, so I am proud of these little circle skirts. Maybe I can do more of this sewing thing after all. Thanks to Adele, Jenn and Missy- definitely needed their help/machines/support to do it!
I turned 31! I thought it would be hard to turn 31, but it wasn't. Instead of a birthday cake, I requested shaved ice. It was delicious, as always. I loved being out a little later than usual with my family, eating my favorite treat. The three kids played under these cool trees while Bri and I watched them let their imaginations go and it was the perfect ending to my birthday.
Brian's sister Jaynann got married two weeks ago. As we waited outside the temple I suggested we take a picture. We took about five and each time I asked him to just make a normal face. He never did, so I hope he's happy with this shot.
I swear I was still up to my neck in boxes when Brian decided to plant a garden. Remember, he's the yard man- but I didn't know that the garden fell under his jurisdiction. It does, apparently. . .which is fine with me. . .except I would have liked a little more thought to go into our garden. We, and I say this in the most loving way possible (Bri), know nothing about gardening. So for me it was a little premature. After about a month, I'm happy to report that tomatoes have made it, some kind of melon or pumpkin is thriving and everything else, including our basil plants, have died. The weeds are also doing quite well. That's our garden.
These guys decided to be triplets one night. I had to take a picture because it was too cute to not capture.
The kids went to the dentist. Elle is still in the no cavity club, although at this dentist it's not nearly as big of a deal to be in the club. Layla's lower jaw is not growing as fast as her upper- it should catch up. Mack had three little cavities between a few of his teeth, so he had to go back the next week. I talked up laughing gas like you wouldn't believe and aside from not liking the "pinchy water" he did great. I'm sorry McKay, for giving you my teeth.
And this child? She wants to be naked ALL the time. Wherever she is- as soon as the idea strikes- she says to me, "Naked-naked dance?" which means, "Mom, I would like to remove my clothes get naked now." I don't always let her, especially when we're out, but at McKay's game this week she found her own way out of her dress. And she naked danced all over the field.
2 comments:
I love how none of your really cute kids look very cute in your birthday picture. But you do! Happy Birthday, you beautiful person you!
I haven't peeked in for a while and and so excited for all the great things going on for you. Love your house! Your kids are cute, as always, and getting so BIG! You look great, too. Glad that you sound happy!
Post a Comment