Sunday, November 4, 2012

this is halloween


Started the day off at Mack's school parade.  Cutest little viking I ever saw.  I'm sure he was super hot all day, but I do know he lost the beard once the parade was over.  I don't blame him.





The gross Spooky Dinner that almost ruined my Halloween.  Learned a lot from this gross meal, including keeping dinner easy on Halloween.  Pizza maybe?  This meal put me in such a bad mood, but I finally just had to tell myself that it was Halloween for my kids and they didn't care about the failed meal. . .because it was Halloween!  I had to get over it and just enjoy the night.  And I did!



The group:  SWAT team member Max (neighbor), beautiful bride, Spidey, Viking, a little kiss and Minnie. 




 The Viking





The Bride




  
Minnie Mouse
(who occasionally confused herself with Mickey or a kitty)





Off they go!  







It was such a great night for trick-or-treating.  Because of the perfect weather, everyone was out in the neighborhood sitting on their porches passing out candy.  It was like a huge block party!  I bought way too much candy, and I was surprised when Brian and the older kids came home a little after eight.  The kids had just decided they were done and wanted to head home.  Not huge candy piles, but that's totally fine with me.  They had a blast and it was a great day for these two.  Layla?  She was a bit of a handful out on the streets.  She couldn't keep up but wanted to do it by herself.  She had a bit of a meltdown when I took her home, saying, "SERIOUSLY!  I want to go to trick-or-treating!!!"  Seriously, it was time for bed.


1 comments:

Adele said...

Seriously- I can't believe you made Layla go home!
Such cute kids, costumes and dinner.