When Layla broke her arm from jumping out her crib, I knew it really was time to get her into a big girl bed. It took me a few months to make the transition- mostly because I wanted to finally decorate the girls room before I did it. This meant paint the walls, re-do furniture and find bedding. It took longer than I thought, but towards the end of July she finally made the switch!
I had to take one last picture of her in the crib- and wouldn't you know it, she was in a swim suite when I did it. Lucky for us it was the swimsuit that she has created for herself out of an old tankini top and a swim diaper bottom. She doesn't know it's a swim diaper. I love when she finds this ensemble, which is often. I love that she thinks its cute.
It was a bit hard for me to say goodbye to the crib. It's just the end of so much.
We had been building this up for months- she probably never thought it would actually happen. That's probably why she was so excited when it finally did.
She did really great the first night! She only came out once, right after we said goodnight, to get a drink. After that she went right to sleep.
Luckily she is in there with the pro sleeper in our house- Ellery. Elle rarely complains or whines about going to bed, rarely comes out once we've put her to bed, and now never has problems in the middle of the night (now that she's not throwing up anymore). So we are happy that Layla gets a roommate that is the perfect sleeping example for her.
It's been about a month since that first night and she's done pretty well. She comes out occasionally, but it's really been a smooth transition and she is thrilled to be a big girl.
I probably confuse this girl so much because I am always telling her how big she is, yet in the next breath hugging her and calling her my baby. But she is. She'll always be my baby, so I guess she better get used to it. I really love her.
1 comments:
That bedding is so cute! Wherever did you find it?
Post a Comment