
This is my basil plant. A few weeks after I transplanted it from outside in my garden I started noticing a tickle bug crawling around the dirt. I decided to let him stay and didn't think much about it.
Then I began to notice that he was eating my basil leaves. And that he was not alone. There were three other bugs with him. A family! It was then that I realized I had my very own set of tweedle bugs, just like Bert and Ernie have in their window box! I knew I could not throw them out, even thought they were making holes in my leaves.
If you look really close you can see one in this picture. I began putting raisins and bits of carrots in the pot for them, hoping that would keep them from eating my basil. I don't think it's worked, although they do enjoy the extra food, especially the carrots.
There's another one in this shot. It gives me pleasure to peak in on them as I'm doing dishes throughout the day. Who needs guinea pigs (no one), these are the best kind of pet!
1 comments:
When Darrell was a little boy he surprised me with some bugs and I would not let them stay. You are so soft hearted!
Post a Comment