Layla's were particularly adorable. She wanted not only to sign her name, but write each classmate's name too. I'm pretty sure she's the only one who has done this at age four.
I was pretty pumped to only have to make one valentines box this year. McKay and I made this soccer field and it turned out "just like he imagined it". So that's a win.
I picked up these little love bugs from preschool.
I was in charge of the valentines party in Ellery's class. For this party, I planned all five stations and just had my volunteers bring stuff and run them. For the Halloween party I had them come up with their own. I'm not sure what I liked better. It was nice to control the whole thing...but it made it a bit more stressful. Anyway, they did chocolate fondue, heart healthy relays, balloon stomp, some fun games and then added glitter to homemade play dough. So much glitter. It was a fun party and I've had such a fun time being Elle's room mom this year. I'm excited to do it next year for McKay's teacher. I have been ignoring his class completely all year.
This is what was set out for my four valentines this year. I got Brian a cooling pillow, and honestly, everyone in the house was jealous. Except for me. I am very happy with my pillow. Brian gave his old pillow to Ellery, and McKay was super jealous of that too. But we had already bought him a nice pillow, in hopes that it would help him fall asleep better. It didn't. But anyway, there was a lot of pillow switching going on. Layla got Ellery's old pillow and got rid of her pancake pillow. And that's really all you need to know about our pillows.
I got McKay some football cards. Couldn't find soccer ones, dang it. I don't know what he's going to do with all these cards, besides keep them in little stacks on his window sill. But he likes getting them and really, when you are shopping for a boy on valentines day you do what you gotta do. There's not a lot of options. For my girls I saw these little glitter perfume bottles and they loved them. Layla was covered in gold for about three days due to all the misting going on. But they are so fun and I love the old-fashioned puffer thing.
We kept with tradition and had chocolate fondue for dessert, and even had pizza fondue for dinner before that. I sure love my four valentines.

0 comments:
Post a Comment