Wednesday, December 2, 2009

today

pink rooster and serious eagle

I just sent my preschooler off, after spending the entire morning being a mouse/chicken getting chased around by a wild African dog/snake/eagle and a cute little rooster with a fierce growl. I just love the imaginations my two little ones have and playing with them was exactly what I needed to start off my Wednesday. Wednesday is supposed to be cleaning day. I'm not cleaning though. Instead, I'm going to try to record some of the funny things my kids have done or said lately. They keep me entertained, that's for sure, and I don't want to forget these sweet moments.
  • When we were driving home from the coast on Thanksgiving Ellery told us, "I have poo poo in my cozy house." We weren't sure if this was her first use of potty talk- and if it was I just absolutely love it- or if house is a code word for diaper. Either way I can't believe my two year old baby knows that talking about poop is naughty and hilarious to her.
  • McKay informed Grandma that he likes boogies, even Ellery's. I have never witnessed him snatching one of hers but I screamed when I heard that he has. What to do, what to do?
  • Last Saturday night as McKay was saying his personal prayers he said, "Thank you that the cougars won. . ."
  • We can always tell when McKay is up to something because he'll say, "Don't look at me for awhile," or "Don't check on me, k?"
  • My kids favorite Christmas song is Jingle Bells. They want to sing it all the time. Ellery also runs around singing, "thumpity, thump, thump, thumpity, thump, thump" from Frosty the Snowman.
  • McKay is already showing some pretty intense OCD traits. He is OBSESSED with brushing his teeth so he doesn't end up like Grandpa Gum without any teeth. He talks about his teeth constantly. It was a three day conversation when he found out that all his baby teeth will fall out.
  • Ellery is very into complimenting people. She will notice and appreciate just about anything you have on. She'll say, "I like your sweater mom." and then I'll thank her. She waits about 1.5 seconds before digging for her own compliment, "Do you like my sweater, mom?"
  • I am totally loving that McKay has a boy in his class named Bridger and he calls him Fridger. Loving it!
  • Ellery has now officially welcomed baby Kate into the family. She is now baby Kate Matthews and Ellery lets us know often.
  • Ellery and I have started having the following conversation every day:
E: Is Santa coming today, Momma?
S: No, not today.
E: Okay.

That may not sound very adorable, but remember she's only two, and it is just very, very adorable to have your two year old wondering if Santa's coming everyday, and politely accept when he's not, over and over again. It's become part of her daily routine to ask about Santa and she says okay, knowing that I was going to say no.
  • Speaking of Santa, the other day the kids were talking about Santa just as someone knocked on our door. Brian said, "It's Santa!" and both of our kids shivered with terror. Ellery ran into the kitchen screaming, and McKay was just about to cry when we told him it was just Mailee, our friend. I guess they don't want to meet him after all.

Now I must go and make myself finish putting away the laundry. Laundry day is on Monday only and this week I have somehow managed to make it last three days.

2 comments:

Molly and Jason said...

Oh Sarah. I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. All about your kids being scared of Santa. It caught me by suprise after your conversations with Ellery. So cute! And- I also love that McKay prayed about the football game. Carter kept repeating "Thank you for the football game." over and over when we said our prayers until we finally acknowledged it. I guess it made an impression.

Kristen said...

hahaha. sarah, maybe someday soon you can teach ellery the oompa loompa poo ball song, and tell her that her mommy made it up. :)