- The Olympics have started. That means that Brian wants to do one thing and one thing only: watch them. It's going to be a lonely two weeks for me. Or is it three? Oh please say it's only two. Actually, I have already gotten into it more than I usually do. If you watch for a little while there is so much drama that unfolds. Like the luge (very sad) and Apollo's silver medal which he only got because the two skaters in front of him fell at the last second. It's exciting stuff.
- I like Valentine's day. Not because we go all out for it. Brian and I usually don't do much, and especially this year because one we don't have money to spare on things like Valentines day, and two, it's a Sunday. Oh, and three, we have yet to get a babysitter here in Oregon. I like it because it's just an easy holiday. You can make it big or make it not exist and it is just totally up to you, and your valentine I guess. Instead of going out and being all romantic we had fondue. Pizza fondue is McKay's favorite meal and it's a quick fix when we get home from church at five. So I decided to throw in a special Valentine's day dessert and we had chocolate fondue with plenty of treats to dip. Yum!
- If you have picky eaters, try fondue. Something about a new way to eat something. I have a fondue pot, which we love, but you could just use a regular pot. The pizza fondue we make is super easy. Cut up a loaf of french bread into cubes. Heat pizza sauce (from a jar) on the stove and throw in some shredded mozzerella. Sometimes we season with pizza seasoning and occasionally minced garlic, but sometimes it's just the sauce and cheese. We skewer little pepperonis (some of us) with our bread and dip away.
- I'm done talking about fondue.
- But now I can't think about what to talk about.
- I guess it might be noteworthy to say that Brian finished his midterms. Kinda boring.
- McKay had his first Valentine's day party at preschool. He chose dog and cat valentines with 3-D stickers. Moms were invited to school to open all the valentines with the kids. McKay and I sat and opened each one and it was just the most precious thing seeing how special he thought it was. He would look at me with these eyes like he was completely in love with his little bag of valentines and could not believe his good fortune in receiving so many.
- Speaking of love, McKay is in love with Taylor Swift. I kinda don't blame him.
- I'm sitting here at my desk staring at a huge pile of papers. What are all those papers? I really hate papers. Brian does a lot of things, but he never deals with the paper pile-up around here. Looks like I've been slacking on my job.
- We've been going to the library story time every week with some other moms and kids from our ward. Why haven't I been doing this all along? The kids love it and I just get to enjoy it with them, plus I love having a stack of new books to read to them.
- When we were in Utah my kids played with Nonnie a lot. One day I went downstairs to find Nonnie filling their tea party cups up with diet coke and they would all raise a glass and say "Salue" while toasting each other. Then, right before they took a sip they would say, "Down the hatch." Caught in the act of drinking Nonnie's soda that I don't let them drink. But it was hard for me to get mad because how can you get mad at a two year old girl saying "down the hatch" and then guzzling diet coke. You just can't.
- Tonight for dinner I bought sparkling cider and little valentine glasses to drink it from. You can bet there was a lot of salues being offered.
- I have no idea how to spell salue or what it means, really.
Happy Valentine's Sunday!

2 comments:
I feel like I need to watch the olympics all the time. What if I miss one of the BIG moments or stories. I hate that I feel that way.
Also, I did not know about McKay's love affair. How did it start?
haha, cute. drinking with nonnie. I'm guessing 'salue' is really the french word 'salut'?? which means hello, cheers, to salute, etc. I don't know for sure if that's what she was saying tho.
I like your pizza fondue idea, sounds yum.
I like that you live in Oregon, not that you're far away, but just that you get to experience another part of this world. I think it would be fun, apart from missing family and friends.
:)
Post a Comment