skip to main |
skip to sidebar
- I cannot even explain how nice the weather has been here the past couple weeks. I love it. I really do. It's messing with my mind though, because I keep thinking that summer is just around the corner, with weather like this. I am told that it won't last. In fact, I think the rain might start tomorrow. But we have been outside a lot enjoying the 60 degree, sunshiney days.
- On Saturday our family had a huge milestone. The first babysitter! Ever. Up to this point we've lived by family who has graciously always been there to watch our little ones. Brian and I went to a matinee movie (Avatar) and the kids did great with Sammy. We knew McKay would be fine, but Elle we worried about. But she was happy the whole time. I'm glad we finally did it and now we can do it again.
- So Avatar. I remember seeing the preview for the first time when we were at another movie and Bri and I looked at each other in disbelief because we thought it looked so stupid. That was before we had heard any of the hype. So we gave it a chance. I am not picky with movies. I really liked it, although I got frustrated with all the fighting. Just somebody win already.
- Today McKay said the scripture and prayer in primary. He said he was nervous, but he did great. Didn't talk too loud this time, or talk like a baby. He was sure proud of himself, and I was too. He's a very cute boy.
- Another significant happening in primary today, that McKay shared with us on the way home from church, was that he and "a girl were making silly faces to each other during sharing time and just falling in love." We also were told this girl was a teacher. Do you think she knows she was falling in love?
- Ellery didn't have as intense of a day in church. When we asked her what she learned about she said, "Phones. And balls. Phones and balls."
- Today we had a first for dinner. Korean barbeque short ribs. It is the most we have ever paid for meat. Brian made them and he was disappointed. For all the work the flavor was very mild. The kids liked it though, and I liked the sauce on top of my rice. But then when we discovered a layer of waxy stuff on every dish and coating the sink we decided that either we don't know how to make them right, or they are really fatty and gross. Well, I decided that. I don't know what conclusions Brian drew.
- This week I have been feeling like I've been contradicting myself quite frequently. During family prayers you just don't even want to know what my kids are doing. Ellery refuses to kneel and is usually flopping around the middle of the room doing anything but folding her arms. McKay has good nights and bad nights, but lately there have been more bad. He also gets quite distracted by floppy Ellery and then he's gone. So here's my contradiction: Through gritted teeth and a with squeeze of a tiny arm I say, "Sit up and kneel!" or, "Be reverent!" or "Fold your arms and stop moving right now or you'll lose your song!" How can praying and growling those things go together? They can't. I'm at a loss.
- On a more pleasant note, tonight as I was putting Elle to bed I asked her what song she wanted. She replied, "the ahhh-ahhh-ahhh song" So that's what we sang. Two little mermaids just singing to each other.
Happy Sunday!
9 comments:
love the new pictures on your side bar---when did you have hem taken?
Your children are so funny. And I agree that the pictures are very cute.
Those new pictures are so cute. Grandma's wall would like a copy!
Cute pics- agreed. Glad you got a chance to get out.
Um, no offense, but I'm glad that our 2 year old isn't the only one flopping around the room during prayer. She also does it during scripture time. She repeats what we ask her to say, but she's in a different place every 2 or 3 words. As for prayer though, I gave up saying things to lilia because it distracted Natalie - I just take Lilia and have her sit on my lap and make her fold her arms. It's not always the easiest solution, but it works for her (most of the time - as in, when she doesn't start crying).
I love love love the new pictures! They are getting so grown up! And Elle's hair is so long. And McKay looks like he's ready for kindergarten. And I want to come visit. Some day.
I love that little Ellery, she is so cute!
We haven't dared get a babysitter that is not family yet--we feel the time has come to do so, but it's kind of stressful to do it the first time. I need to get up the courage to get it over with. And I love the pics too--so cute!
I know it's probably really frustrating but picturing Ellery flopping around all over the floor while you are trying to say prayers makes me laugh. :)
Sometimes our Costco sells Korean BBQ meat--marinated and everything. Trader Joe's also sells it, and it's pretty tasty there, too.
Post a Comment