- So much to say today. On Monday we bought a few primroses and planted them in our front yard for family home evening. We had dirt and worms for our treat. McKay was not patient enough to eat all the dirt and find the second worm hiding at the bottom, so he decided to just dig right in with his hands. It was dirty. You should have seen Brian during this. He could hardly stand to watch. He was pacing, actually. I had to just keep reminding him that it was a mess that could be easily cleaned up. So particular, that one. That mess was totally worth it to me though, because Mack and Elle thought it was so cool. Ellery told us that her worm was sleeping, and then looking at her so she didn't eat him.
- I love the flowers in our front yard. I say front yard, but it's not really a yard. It's a porch and some dirt and a little grass. But having dirt for us is big, because we've never had our own dirt before. We want to plant some vegetables but I'm afraid that our neighbors cat uses our dirt for his litter box. His name is Nipper and Ellery thinks his name is "Nipple". I think that's funny, so I don't correct her.
- A couple weeks ago McKay decided he wanted to do up his own buttons. He had never tried before. It took him about ten minutes to button up his shirt for church the first time, but he was SO proud. He's a lot faster now, except, when he's wearing a button up shirt he likes to undo them over and over. Last week we picked him up from his primary class and he wasn't even wearing his shirt. He got hot. So he undid those buttons.
- Ellery has been going around and saying in her meanest voice, "STOP WELLING!" She means yelling.
- We are now $800 poorer than last week. Brian's car needed a new water hose or pipe or something, plus another new thing that I can't remember. I was really hoping that it would be under $500. I thought that was a reasonable hope for a car repair. But what really killed me was that towing the car from the zoo (where it broke down) to the car shop was $125! What!? Since when is towing a car more than fifty bucks? I am still shocked by that. Anyway, it's fixed now and we're just glad it wasn't the end of old baby blue's life.
- This week at the library Ellery picked out Once Upon a Potty, the boy version. Every week she will get really attached to one book while we are there and she likes to carry it around the library and carry it home. Last time it was a book about a purple fairy. Well, guess what book she was attached to this week? That day I put her down for her nap/rest and she cried, which she never does. I listened by the door and heard, "I want my poo poo book. I want my poo poo book." She got it and I'm sure read the whole thing to baby Kate.
- The other day Brian looked at me and said, "Are you having a good hair day?" Yes! I was. I thought it was so romantic that he noticed. I wish I had more good hair days that he could notice.
- We had the sister missionaries over for dinner last night. The evening went well, except for the time that McKay brought up that I like to pick his scabs. Just as we start the meal, "You know what my mom likes to do? She likes to pick my owies. And when she tries to I yell, 'NO MOM!' and I run away as fast as I can." What do you say to that as you've just sat down to dinner? It was embarrassing. I'm afraid only my sisters Krista and Jana can understand and be able to talk about that at dinner. McKay was starved for their attention though and was pretty much talking the whole time. After the picking story, Brian and I tensed up at every new topic he brought up because you just never know what could come up after that.
- Since finding out about the baby in my tummy, Ellery has some of her own in her little belly. She has a boy named baby Kate and a girl named baby Jane. Sometimes I can get her to eat more dinner because I tell her that the babies in her tummy like it and need more food.
- The baby in my tummy is still zapping my energy, but I'm not as sick. This was definitely my hardest first trimester. I've already felt little movements from our little one, several times, which makes it a lot easier to handle being sick and tired. It's really in there!
- Brian and I are feeling a lot more settled in our ward. We don't feel as new and are getting passed meeting people and more into getting to know people. I like our ward. I like not feeling brand new.
- Brian has finals next week. This semester has been pretty intense as far as studying goes. He's done a lot of it. In an effort to help him study for his last test, I quizzed him. WHAT HE IS LEARNING IS LIKE A FOREIGN LANGUAGE! I didn't even know how to ask a question, because what are all those words?! But when I finally got to where I understood what to ask him, trying to pronounce the words was quite a challenge. I am really bad at pronouncing words. The craziest thing about this foreign language is that he actually understands it. I guess I was such a crammer when I was in school that I didn't bother to know the whole picture of what I was learning. I just memorized. I guess it's good he's not cramming, you know, because he will have people's lives completely in his hands. I am still amazed at him though. He's a humble little smarty-pants. He will hate this paragraph and try to get me to erase it.
- I have been doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred a few times a week. It's a 30 minute exercise routine. It's been great because I have a little partner with me each time I do it. Ellery does all 30 minutes right beside me. She loves exercising and requests to do it often. I wish I liked it as much as she does. I don't know what's cuter, seeing her do jumping jacks, hearing her say the word exercising or watching her lift her little wooden stick weights up and down while looking at me and saying, "Is this hard, mom?" Too cute, that girl.
Goodness, I was chatty, wasn't I? Well, happy Sunday!
4 comments:
Your kids make me laugh. Every "thought" got a little chuckle out of me.
First of all, congratulations! What a fun little shocker! Sometimes if they aren't a surprise they may never make it into the world, at least that's how I feel about Keslie. And thanks for your comment on my blog. I do hope we can talk sometime this week and that our kids cooperate with us. Sounds like you guys are doing great and I'm so happy to hear everything going on with your little family.
hahaha, I just laughed out loud (that's LOL for short) at Elle's calling the cat nipple and you not correcting her. and her boy version potty book. hahahahaha. aaaah. funny
Aw, I didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations!!
Post a Comment