So the last several weeks I've been feeling pretty overwhelmed by mothering my children.
Not by mothering, but mothering my children.
I don't know if it's because they haven't been getting enough sleep- this seems to be a problem since sharing a room- waking each other up every morning is still quite fun for them to do.
Or maybe it's the fact that I'm 12 months pregnant and my patience is running on the thin side. Like the dangerously thin side. I think that's a big reason why I am hating not enjoying this pregnancy as much. Because it's hard to take care of two other kids and be pregnant. It's just hard.
Either way, it's been a difficult couple of weeks. We haven't had many good days where we all get along and there's no fighting, yelling or time-outs. . .for any of us. It's made me sad and overwhelmed each day. I've felt heavy. Weary.
Today. I'm so thankful for today. Today was nothing special. I don't know why today was different, but it was. I was blessed with patience. McKay and Ellery didn't whine as much as they have been. We kept ourselves busy.
I found myself wanting to play with them. Wanting to make them happy. Wanting to hug them and snuggle them and tell them how much I love them. Over and over and over. And I know it wasn't just me. We all felt a difference today. We were all just working together like we should.
I'm so glad that feeling came back today. I've missed it. I love being their mom- I really do.
But sometimes, sometimes, that slips away from me. And it sure feels good to get it back.
Here's to an even better tomorrow. . .
5 comments:
I can totally relate! Hang in there, we all have our moments, and obviously so do our kids.
I've been in that mood lately too. I hate it! I hate being frustrated at my kids! You've inspired me to try harder though.
you have no idea how good it is hear that you too don't always love being a mom. you are my standard of an amazing mom and if i'm just a tiny bit as good as you are, then i'm doing great. your kids have the best mom. how are you?
Sarah, it's true. You are a great mom and an example to us all. You have more patience than you think, but I'm glad you're feeling better!
I LOVE this post! This is EXACTLY how I felt when I was pregnant with Graham. Those "good" days were few and far between and when they actually did happen, it was litterally like heaven on earth. I was SO miserable prego with #3 and it was SO hard for me to do ANTYHING. My girls knew it and reacted accordingly...which then only made things worse. Glad you had a good day. You're almost there, and then, once you get over the overwhelming feeling of having three, things get so much better...promise! Seriously. Been there, done that. It's been a while since I've peeked in and it's been fun catching up. I love reading your posts. You're such a good writer. Can't wait to see the little munchkin!
~Chandi
PS - I need to get in touch with you about some "school" related things we've been a bit worried about. I think you may be able to help me!
Post a Comment