Sunday, May 12, 2013

my heart today

I am truly a blessed woman.  
I love taking care of these three.
I am often exhausted and have nothing left when each day is through, 
but I'm happy to be able to do this.

With motherhood can come a lot of guilt.
Oh, the guilt.
We talked about this  in relief society today.
I realized that some of President Hinckley's most famous words 
are simple, beautiful and absolutely applicable in regards to motherhood.

Try a little harder to be a little better
and
It will all work out

Words that this mother is now trying to live by.

Try a little harder- but don't beat yourself up if you can't try harder at everything.
Try a little harder, but realize you are already doing quite a lot.
Try a little harder to be a little better, but realize that there is one who can make up what you lack.

It will all work out.  
When you think something is the end of the world, it never is.
When you think you've failed, you didn't.
When you think something awful will never end, it does.
When fear threatens to paralyze you and make decision for you, don't let it.

Because it will all work out.







I love my children so much.  There really aren't words.
I hope that I can remember to live every day showing them this instead.
I try my very best to do so.

Happy Mother's Day.

2 comments:

Adele said...

You are an amazing mom! Love you.

Kate said...

Gorgeous pictures and beautiful words, Sarah! I haven't looked at blogs in forever. I'm so happy to see that you're still doing yours.