Sunday, March 8, 2015

january pics




I wish that I put more effort into our family home evening treats.  There are some Mondays where we have a little handful of chocolate chips for dessert.  Mostly we do something better than that, but it has happened more than a few times.  I remembered how Adele used to make a New Zealand dessert called pavlova and I decided to amp up our FHE treat and try my hand at meringue.  It was a little tricky and wasn't as stiff as I wanted, but I think with practice I could do better.  We all loved it though and it was fun to have something new and different.  Layla was actually on treat this night, so she helped me make it and she got to place the fruit on top.




We went to the children's museum with Jana and her kids.  Layla got to the very top of this wall.




These three often surprise me in the mornings by getting all the way ready, cleaning their rooms and making breakfast.  This particular morning I got breakfast in bed.  Bless the way McKay sliced the bread.  I love it and I love these thoughtful children.




I got released from young women's at the end of this month.  This was my last Sunday with these cute beehives.  I will miss them so much, but at the same time I feel ready to be done.  I have had such a great few years serving in young women's and I am so grateful for the girls I've gotten to know, the things I've learned and the leaders I've become friends with in the process.  I am very happy I've had this opportunity and life is going to be quite different now that I don't have so much to do for my calling.




Sisters playing in jammies.  Love.




There was a day off from school and so we brought the Allred's to lunch with Brian at the hospital.  Corn dogs and grilled cheese all around!




After lunch we went to the Puppy Barn and the kids had so much fun petting and watching all the cute puppies there.  It was kind of a bummer that they weren't old enough to hold any of them, but still fun.  I left feeling confused about the puppy barn....some of the puppies looked sickly and I just don't really understand the whole concept of the store.




Denim on denim triplets!




Layla was invited to Carson's Jake and the Neverland Pirates birthday party.  She dressed up as this ferocious pirate-girl.




Shadow puppets before bed (ruined by my flash for a moment) in nightgowns.




Meanwhile, this man was lounging in his plush robe....




I don't know...selfies with my cute girls.




McKay and Layla have a sweet little bond, and it's called the ipad.  




Actually, they have more than just that between them, but they do have love for computer games in common, for sure.  Ellery couldn't care less about video games.  




Here's Layla on the boat.  Miss Sheila brought it out special for Layla and Nat to dive off of.  Layla thought this was very fun.


1 comments:

Adele said...

Love this family!