Brian and I aren't really the ooey, gooey romantic type. I love him like crazy, but it's not really something I usually go on and on about to other people. But...it's Father's Day...so I figured I can get a little sappy on behalf of my kiddos and tell him (and you all) why he's such a great daddy. Here's what I love about him: 
- He always checks on our kids every night before he goes to bed- without fail.
- He makes up silly songs about us when he plays his guitar. McKay's adoration is plastered all over his face when Brian sings these songs. It's pretty much precious...and the songs are really funny too.
- He is so excited to have a boy to go camping with and play sports with and do "boy" things with. McKay already shares the same gusto for camping as his daddy. It's cute to see the two of them already doing father/son things together.
- He has a huge soft spot for his girl. I wondered how he would be with a girl and I can already tell that she's got him wrapped around her finger. And don't worry, Elle will totally be included in the camping/outdoor frenzy when she's a wee bit older.
- Family time is really important to him. I know that there's nothing that he'd rather do than spend time with us. He values time with his family more than his own free time, more than money, more than work. I always feel that we come first.
- He pulls his weight around here. He makes dinner just as much as I do...okay more? I don't know, I try not to keep track because then I feel guilty. But then I just feel happy that I got such a good husband who doesn't think he's above making dinner. And then I remember that he hardly ever cleans the house and I feel better about myself.
- He is very good in a kid medical emergency and I am so glad that I don't have to be the "medical" parent. He's always calm and collected...a good balance for me.
- He's always thinking of things for us to do as a family. Whenever we have free time he tries to plan something fun and new for us to do. It can be as simple as driving up the canyon to sit by the river or as fun as going to Disneyland, but he's really good at planning quality family time.
- He listens to me. Haha. That's most important, right? What I mean is he values my opinion as a mother and we're almost always on the same page as far as parenting goes.
- He's pretty cute and has given my kids some great genes. I'm glad that they look like him.
- He's not intimidated by parenting. Brian didn't have a lot of experience with babies when we had McKay but he took to parenthood right away. I mean, like, the first minute! He was so comfortable and confident that it was like he'd been a parent for years.
- He cares about his kids. What father doesn't, I know...but I love that he does.
- He plays with his kids. Like really plays. I am always impressed and happy to see him get down on the floor at their level and act like a kid. He's the best horse McKay's ever ridden. Is ridden a word? He really spends quality time playing with them and the best thing is he loves doing it.
- He's not afraid to tackle a dirty diaper...although he usually needs assistance with a blowout- I have to be honest here. He's not a superhero.
- He makes it possible for me to stay home with our babies and he does this because he believes it's what's best for them. I appreciate how hard he works.


+100.jpg)

Happy Father's day to our Daddy, and all the other daddies out there!
1 comments:
I think I love Brian just a little more after reading that! What a cute Dad and hubby! We really got lucky didn't we!
Post a Comment