Sunday, June 22, 2008

Nice Weekend

On Saturday morning our upstairs neighbor's water heater had a leak and flooded our utility closet and carpet. We got to use every towel we have to sop up water and then fall asleep to the buzzing hum of the fan while it tried to dry out our soggy mess.

Speaking of the fan...McKay tipped it over while running past it and it slowly sputtered to a complete stop. Brian spent the next hour taking it totally apart to fix it and putting it back together.

On Sunday while I was feeding Ellery, McKay brought me a gallon of milk because he wanted a drink. That sweet little boy handled the heavy gallon like a champ, until he tried to climb up Ellery's dresser and accidentally tipped the milk over which he had put on the floor. I was putting Ellery in bed and heard McKay yell, "My sock! My sock is wet!" Before I turned around I knew what I would find. Yep, half a gallon of milk soaking into Ellery's bedroom carpet. Great. I sopped up more milk than I did water from yesterday. Ellery didn't get a nap because of the disaster in her room, McKay had to take all his clothes off because of his wet sock and I was one cranky momma before church.

Hope your weekend was better than ours.

1 comments:

Molly and Jason said...

Way to go for running the race Sarah!!! So- are you going to keep running? that's the big question I haven't figured out yet. And sounds like your weekend was fabulous! At least you can look back at those moments and laugh- I know I did!