Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sharing Time



In our house band aids are pretty much as good as magic. McKay will be hysterical from some sort of bump or scrape, and as soon as we mention the word "band aid" it somehow helps. The other night he woke up with an ear ache and was repeating his usual ailment phrase, " . . .but it still hurts!" There's really no talking him out of the pain when he starts doing that. After several different tactics for his ear ache I asked if a band aid would help. He looked up at me with his lips pouted but his eyes hopeful and nodded. So I slapped that band aid right over his ear, and what do you know, it eased the ear ache. Magic I tell ya!

So, obviously we go through a lot of band aids around here and I definitely have a favorite. Nexcare Waterproof Tattoo band aids. I love these! Not only do they come in fun characters- we have Nemo right now- but they are so light and really water proof. With old band aids we'd stick one on McKay and he'd take it off in less than two minutes because it was so bulky and wouldn't stick completely, which was frustrating when he actually needed one. Not with these. They are so light and make a seal over the cut so nothing gets in.


I'm still trying to convince Brian about the roll of bandaids in our house. He will look at me and say, "He doesn't even need one." Yeah, but. . .they're magic. . .so who cares? As long as they keep healing him I'm going to keep using them. Try them- you'll love 'em too!

1 comments:

Brooke B said...

Sarah- Your like an answer to my prayers! Thanks for the recommendation, I kid you not, I'm on my way to get some right now! (If you look at my blog you will see why!)
Brooke Dowdell Butler