Thursday, December 4, 2008

i've got a one year old. . .

All the sudden it seems like Ellery is this one year old spaz. I have to watch her every second.


Our toilet paper roll usually looks like this.

She washes her hands in the toilet water.

If there is anything tiny, anything delicate., anything dangerous, you bet this girl has got it in her mouth.


She's starting to climb. She's not very good at it, but that doesn't stop her. The other day I walked into the bathroom and she was frozen on McKay's stool. Just standing there like a statue. She couldn't' get off, and she didn't dare move. But she was sure proud; and relieved that I was there to see/rescue her. Why do all these things happen in the bathroom? It's like we're in there all the time.


I'm pretty much going to be holding her for the next twenty-five days. Because if I'm not, she's having her way with the Christmas tree. If you come over, please don't look at the bottom portion of it.

One year olds are funny. You can say no as many times as you want, as loud as you want, and- no reaction. At least not from my girl. It seems like that's all I'm saying to her these days. And she doesn't even care.

But. I wouldn't trade any of it. I love my one year old. I mean, just look at her!


Brian's favorite picture of her. First thing in the morning.

2 comments:

Cason and Marie said...

haha that is so funny! She is a cute one though!

Chris and Deb said...

She is quite adorable I must agree, sounds like she keeps you on your toes. Something I am looking forward to. I love all your stories, your kids are going to laugh when they look back on all the great memories that you capture on your blog. Keep them coming! ;).