Tuesday, July 7, 2009

me and him

We turned twenty eight.


For Brian's birthday I didn't take any photos- my gift to him.

I had some guilt that I didn't get him any other gifts, well, besides allowing him to get his bike a few months ago. So. . .

We went shopping! It's the only time Brian buys clothes. It's becoming a tradition. Funny because Brian doesn't like to shop.

Then a yummy dinner at Olive Garden at 4:30pm. We felt like seniors citizens, and were surrounded by them.

To end the day we had cheesecake, Brian's absolute favorite, made by his Mom.


Then it was my day. And I took lots of pictures, naturally.

My birthday request- garage sale-ing. But I like Brian too much to have dragged him along. My sisters joined me, and we loved it.

I came home to a wonderful breakfast of french toast and homemade Magelby's-style syrup. I was spoiled. Spoiled enough that Brian also accompanied me throw pillow shopping, and he didn't even complain.

Jana was nice enough to host the whole family at her house for an ice cream party. I always prefer ice cream over cake, unless it's the Costco chocolate cake- I like that one.

After that, the Lehi Roundup!

Mack loved it, and has consequently been a bucking bull nearly everyday since.




This one was pretty good, but got really wiggly about half way through. It's hard to keep an almost-two-year-old in bleachers for hours at a time.



It was fun to spend a night with my family- even though our seniors and a few others didn't want to rodeo with us.



And that's it! Another year older. Another pair of birthdays together.

And Brian is getting wrinkles. I'm not, because, you know, I'm younger.

3 comments:

Teri said...

Hey Sarah,

Good to hear from you. I believe you when you said it's been a long road for you and Brian with school. Cause it has for us too! It's exhausting and stressful, but it sure will be nice when it's over. That's great he got accepted in a masters program. It's a competitive field to get into it. Rich has spent the past year taking all the pre-reqs and getting clinical hours so we can apply to P.A programs. I feel like we've been in school since we got married. If we would have known that we wanted to go into the medical field in the beginning we would probably we done with school by now, but Rich made the switch from construction to medical. So, now we are applying to programs everywhere in hopes that someone will accept us. Good luck to you guys!

kim said...

Happy Birthday cute girl! Loooove the last photo of the two of you--such a cute couple. And of course the one with Jana--she's such a babe. Looks like you had fun--I'm so glad! :)

Sarah and Desmond said...

You guys are too cute! Happy Belated. I love your blog, the way you write is just too cute! When do you guys move?