Sunday, July 5, 2009

thoughts on a sunday



  • I really like blogging. I am dedicated to keeping up with it because I want to be able to remember each little detail of life right now. I don't scrapbook, I don't journal. This is it. And it really works for me.

  • Today I realized that my face is fat. And some other places too. And then I ate an ice cream sundae. And then I told Brian I'm going to exercise tomorrow. And then he laughed. And then I jumped on him and told him to hug me because I had just discovered that I got fat. And then he made a sound like I was too heavy. And then I laughed. But- I'm kind of really upset by this discovery.

  • Ellery wore a little dress that Lindy brought back from Jerusalem. She looked really cute and really like she was in a nightgown or getting baptised. McKay wore an outfit that earned him the nickname Lumberjack. I was in a Hawaiian muu-muu type dress. Brian was about to put on his suit and then saw the three of us and decided to go more casual to match his multi-cultural clad family.

  • We had a really great holiday weekend but we are tired. And the kids were in bed by 6:45 because of all the late nights this week.

  • We showed our house three times this week. We are getting more used to keeping it clean all the time. McKay gets tired of me saying it's a cleaning day. And also, for some reason selling our house is making me a little obsessed with keeping our car clean. If only I had some time to myself to get in there with a toothpick and some lysol. Soon.

  • We got a big little blow-up pool. All the moms around here have been talking about doing it all summer. And we finally did. And it is a huge success. It finally feels like summer.

  • Ever since we went to the rodeo Ellery's favorite sentence is "horsies are awesome." It's just about the cutest thing I've ever heard and she tells most everyone.

  • Ellery is into saying "I love it" for lots of things. My favorite conversation of the week:

Ellery: "Fireworks?"

Brian: "I love 'em."

Ellery: "No! Fireworks?"

Brian: "I love 'em."

Ellery "No! Fireworks?"

Brian: "I like 'em?"

Ellery: Yes "I like 'em!"



happy sunday!

2 comments:

Reynolds said...

Glad you were able to show your place a couple more times since we talked. And, by the way, you are not, nor ever will be someone I think of when I think of fat.

Karen said...

I love blogging too...in fact I just discovered blurb.com and made a book right from the blog. It's awesome! If you are interested check it out. I don't journal or scrapbook either..blogging is really the best, easiest, and the most fun! :)