Okay, so listen. I have to tell you a few things. Number one, there are a lot of pictures in this post. All of these goodbyes were so important to me, but unfortunately I'm lumping them all into one giant post so that they actually get recorded. Don't get too bored.
Number two. A couple weeks ago I was at my sister Krista's house. It was actually the day I had lunch with Kim and a play date at Amanda's- you'll see. Anyway, I was wearing my blue dress and I saw my niece Rylee and we had the following conversation:
Me: Hi Ry!
R: Hi Sarah!
Me: How are you?
R: Good. Do you where that dress a lot? Because every time I see you it seems like you're wearing that dress. . .Or something yellow.
Me: Oh. Yeah. . .I guess I do wear it a lot.
Ha! Oh dear. I just like my blue dress. And I guess I really like my yellow shirt. And I think I need to buy some new clothes. Yes.
My blue dress and yellow shirt have been retired with the end of summer, so lucky for Rylee, and you all, after this you won't have to see them again. Unless they happen to still be my favorites next summer, which they just might be! But nobody here in Oregon knows my blue dress and yellow shirt. Hmmmm.
On with the post!
I am so fortunate to been able to say goodbye to so many of my beautiful, sweet friends before we left for Oregon. It seems like the month of August was just one giant goodbye.
Emily and Adrienne
Peyton had never met Brian or my kids or anyone else who was there, and all the sudden her mom puts her in some strange swimsuit and plops her in a pool with them. I couldn't believe Buffy was okay with it, let alone Peyton. I felt so bad!
All night I kept worrying over both of them. Was Buffy dying inside? Was Peyton screaming at Brian? And then it made us laugh a little, thinking about how bizarre it was for little Peyton. And I kept saying, "plop!" while pretending to drop Peyton into the pool all night.
Anyway, we picked up Becky and met Shannyn at the Gateway for some dinner and shopping. I miss these girls so much. It was so fun when we all lived a few steps away from each other. And now we all live in different states. We felt really lucky to all be in Utah for one last girls night.
Do you like our skinny jeans?
Molly, Kristen, Kate
It was fun to get these two cuties together as well. Do you think Elle and Nash still look like twins? I do.
Right after lunch I headed over to Krista's house to pick up my kids, where I saw Rylee and she saw my blue dress. Then, I went straight to Amanda's for a play date.
Amanda is one of my oldest friends. I remember bravely calling her on the last day of school of 3rd grade (4th for her) and asking her to play. And that is how it all began. Anyway, Amanda is wonderful because she would put together fun play dates at her house.
She would even put out snacks and drinks for us. She's fancy like that. And she has the most wonderful basement where the kids can run wild and more toys than would fit in McKay's whole room. The kids enjoy it very much. And so do I. I love chatting and catching up with these girls that I've known for so long. It's very satisfying to see my children being friends with the children of my friends that have been my friends since I was a child. Did that make any sense at all? Anyway, I like it. It's so fun to hang out with these ladies and talk about being moms and raising kids and old times. I love it.
3 comments:
Cute pics, except the one of Adrienne and you and me- none of mine turned out well. Quote'tastic" Buffy's thought at the end made me teary-eyed. I agree.
I'm so glad I'm one of your friends! One of my fav memories with you--watching Gothica with Jana and Brian, and me and you being too scared to actually look at the screen and had to be told play by play what happened. Me and Jana were the ultimate double date :) I am so glad I got to see you before you go, and just love you as a friend! I'm glad you're liking Oregon and hope the adjustment goes well!
Well I miss you so much already! At Liz's shower on Friday it just didn't feel complete without you there! I'm glad I'm one of your oldest friends! And I loved Buffy's quote! Love Ya!
Post a Comment