Sunday, January 17, 2010

thoughts on a sunday


  • Lindy and Alex are engaged!!! We are so excited for them. We really like Alex, he fits into the family perfectly. I am excited to see the type of wedding that this girl comes up with. Can't wait for April 2nd!
  • There are a few reasons why I haven't been blogging. One, is that we were asked to speak today in church so I've been busy working on that. And two is that I have so many things from Christmas to post about and I don't feel like it. So I'm just going to continue on and post about Christmas stuff and our trip to Utah when I do feel like it.
  • So yeah, we spoke in church today. Our church was at two o'clock! Today was the longest day ever. But I'm glad it's over. Surprisingly I didn't have as much anxiety about it as I have in the past. I was still nervous, but it really wasn't that bad and I didn't even have my nervous voice. I was very happy about that.
  • The kids sat with my friend Mailee and her family. They were really good and it was fun to see them perk up when I started talking. Mailee told me after that she and her husband almost lost it with the giggles when Ellery started singing "If you like it then you should have put a ring on it," during the meeting.
  • My kids have been singing Beatles songs since we got home from Utah. McKay's favorite: Hello, Goodbye. Ellery's favorite: Eight Days a Week. They both love: Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and Yellow Submarine. Why the Beatles? We played Beatles Rock Band a lot at Brian's parents house and the tunes just stuck in their heads I guess. It's kind of adorable to hear Ellery sing, "Hold me, love me. Hold me, love me." Did you know you can't buy Beatles songs on itunes? You can't.
  • I just wanted to say that I am annoyed with Blu Ray. What is it? I hate it. I am annoyed that our whole collection of dvds will be outdated because of it. So it goes with technology, I guess.
  • Last week I mentioned my new snuggie. I am enjoying it- those arms!- but someone else is enjoying it even more. One night McKay said, "Can I sleep with your snug?" and guess who thought he'd died and gone to heaven? It seemed as if he slept the whole night with a smile on his face while drowning in pink fabric. It's a special treat to sleep with "the snug".
  • Another tune McKay has been singing- since we heard it playing in Chuck E. Cheese over and over and over on New Years Eve- is the dradle song. Except he sings, "Dradle, dradle, dradle, the dad and the dradle." I LOVE hearing him sing this. He has no idea what he's saying but it seems to get stuck in his head a lot.
  • Brian is in a new semester which means a new schedule, and it's pretty great. He has Fridays off and even some Mondays. And he doesn't have to go super early every day.
  • Tonight as McKay was saying his prayers I reminded him to pray for Brian's cousin's little girl who is sick with pneumonia. He prayed for little Piper, and then decided to reach a little farther with his prayer for the sick and said, "and please bless all the people in the world, even the ones who speak Spanish, that they won't get sick ever." I don't even know what to say.
Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

Mark and Jana said...

I had no idea that you can't buy Beatles songs on itunes. Recently I just heard the song Yesterday and wanted to buy it. I guess I won't be on itunes.

Adrienne said...

nothing like the Beatles to educate your children :) hopefully, they won't discover the true meanings until much much later in life. And right now, all I can think of is cute little boy "drowning in pink fabric."

Molly and Jason said...

I love that you got a snuggie! How funny- and that McKay prayed for the people who speak spanish. I just love your cute little family