It's 2010. I am happy to say goodbye to 2009 and ready for a new year. This last year has been- what's the right word? - interesting. That's not it, but I can't come up with it right now. It has been so wonderful. It has been so challenging. There are been wonderful results from some of those challenges, and some results we are still looking/hoping for. Isn't that life though?
My thoughts for this new year are pretty simple: Try a little harder to be a little better. No one says it better than President Hinckley.
Sometimes as a wife and mother I feel so stretched. There are always things to do better and always a long list of things to work on or change. Sometimes my mind races a million miles a minute and my body can't keep up. And that wears on me. Am I teaching my kids to floss? Am I reading my scriptures everyday? How come I am not a wonderful cook for my family? I need to start exercising. My closet needs to be organized. Are my kids eating enough vegetables. How can I stretch our budget? I need to do this, I need to do that? How am I doing at this?- I could go on and on. It's exhausting really.
So often I am disappointed in the actions that actually make their way out of these thoughts. Or lack of action I should say. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in thinking about things that I don't have the energy left to actually do any of them. So that is my goal. Try a little harder to be a little better, and I guess I could lay off some thinking as well. Less thinking, more doing. When I express these feelings of being overwhelmed and feeling inadequate Brian always tells me to only choose one thing to focus on, instead of flooding my mind with my big list. I guess I'll give that a try too. Oh if I could only think as simply as he does sometimes! It really can be as simple as trying a little harder. At least that's my hope, but now I don't want to analyze that too much now do I? Just gonna do it.
So often I am disappointed in the actions that actually make their way out of these thoughts. Or lack of action I should say. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in thinking about things that I don't have the energy left to actually do any of them. So that is my goal. Try a little harder to be a little better, and I guess I could lay off some thinking as well. Less thinking, more doing. When I express these feelings of being overwhelmed and feeling inadequate Brian always tells me to only choose one thing to focus on, instead of flooding my mind with my big list. I guess I'll give that a try too. Oh if I could only think as simply as he does sometimes! It really can be as simple as trying a little harder. At least that's my hope, but now I don't want to analyze that too much now do I? Just gonna do it.
Here's to trying harder in 2010!
4 comments:
ditto! ian and i have that same converstion at least twice a month but that's only when he can't take me going on and on anymore. i'm already feeling overwhlemed and it's only 9:20. i guess i could be doing more instead of typing. but i was dying to see if you were home. now that i don't have school to distract me i've really been missing my favorite friend sarah!
I think that's a good motto for 2010.
We think too much and we should now help each other--just get out and do it. Less thinking-more doing.
I don't know why it came up under Mark's name???
That is so funny, I had something along those lines ready to put on my blog, but you said it just right. I'm feeling the same way :) Here's an encouraging Good luck to you and I hope I can do the same
Post a Comment