My mom always had a little something for us on Valentines day, and I remember loving it, so I've done the same with my kids. They woke up to a little treat on the table, alone with their own valentines balloon. Nothing like candy for breakfast. How do you feel that three of Layla's most common food words are candy, cake, and cookie? McKay was expecting a "chocolate sculpture" of an animal because that's what they've gotten the last couple years, but wouldn't you know it, when you go to get treats on the 13th of February, it's slim pickin's.
This is our first year making a Valentines box. This boy takes all the credit for this monster/alien/zombie, which is exactly what it's called. It was fun making it with him and seeing his little creative mind at work.
The glow stick lightsaber Valentine's were a big hit. Such a big hit, that two other kids in his class gave them out. Oh well. At the end of the day on Valentines day I was so annoyed at the amount of candy and sugar that had come into our lives. I contributed, yes, but I don't ever remember it being this out of hand. That's why I didn't mind that he got two extra light saber's in his valentine's box. Two less pieces of candy.
Ash joined us for a special Valentine's day party at preschool. They did lots of things with hearts and Elle and I were glad to have another student joining us for our big party. Except, I guess I failed as a teacher because during preschool Elle kept asking me when the party was going to start. "This is the party, sweetie."
0 comments:
Post a Comment