It was hard to say goodbye to Oregon. There are times when I still miss it. Every time it rains or is cloudy my mind goes back there. I wonder if that will always happen. What is great about moving to Utah, is that most people in our ward back in Oregon come to Utah every summer. So that means we get to see them!
There was a two week period where I saw four of my good friends from Oregon. It was the best!
The Thompsons came to visit and actually stayed at our house for a couple days. Our twin family (except Starr is pregnant- so not for long)
We went on a little hike, ate at Costa Vida and had shaved ice, plus did all the festive things on the Fourth of July. The kids had so much fun together and it made me sad that they all just can't play anytime they want like they used to.
I sure miss them and was so glad they came to visit. Starr is one of my very best friends and I hope to be the one visiting next time!
Right after Starr left, we got to hang out with the Hendrickson girls for a little bit at Thanksgiving Point.
Katie is such an amazing person and we talked about how we both wish we had had more time living by each other because it just wasn't long enough! She is such a sweetheart and such a good mom.
The kids of course were in heaven playing with Taylor, Halle, Kenzie and Evelyn. I love that they have four girls- it reminds me of my family. The kids just went right back to being friends like no time had passed at all. I love friends like that.
Not long after that the McRae's came by for an afternoon. I was so glad that Deanna made time in her trip to see us. She is just one of my favorite Oregon friends and David and McKay were glad to be reunited for a bit too. What a great family!
Even though they aren't from Oregon, I was also thrilled to see these girls the next day!
Katie was here from Newfoundland and Molly came down from Kayesville. We had lunch at my house and the kids ran around playing in the pools and slip n' slide. It was so great to be able to chat for awhile with these friends that I've had forever (missed you Kris!). I love them.
Halle and Ellery, the only girls, got slayed by this big group of boys. My dramatic girl was all over this game.
So grateful for such good, sweet friends in my life. What a great couple weeks we had!

1 comments:
You're kind of a "POP", don't you think?
Post a Comment