On a summer afternoon it did not alarm me to find McKay dressed like a newsie/NBA gangsta, Layla in a red velvet Christmas dress (her go-to), and Ellery going for an all purple ensemble. Just another summer day...
In March I starting making a new green smoothie- with protein powder. I have had it almost daily since then and am still loving it. I wonder if I will ever get sick of it. There is another girl in the family who loves it just as much. If ever Layla sees a green drink she is immediately there with her own straw. I can't count the number of mornings that Layla and I have been nose to nose drinking our breakfast...and I love it!
Layla on the phone with "Judas".
I got a follow up MRI since it had been a couple years. I went to a MRI clinic on 8th North and I loved my experience there...well, loved it as much as one loves getting an MRI. They have what is called an open MRI, so although there was still stuff above me, I was not put in a little capsule like the other ones I've had. It was a lot more pleasant, and with the help of a little valium I was able to keep still the whole hour and a half. No changes were found in my MRI which is great news.
This may be out of order because since I am writing this way after, I can't remember when it actually was. But we enjoyed spending time with the Alaskan girls while they were here during the summer. They love each other and we wish they lived here all the time.
The kids had a gymnastics class all at the same time at the rec center, and here are a few pictures of them doing their thing:
McKay in a "bar battle".
Layla's little body was too little to do most of the stretches, but she managed to do this one. She is with our very favorite teacher, London, who took quite an interest in my kids, especially Layla. She was really sweet.
Ellery hanging on the bars.






1 comments:
Love the dress up picture. Creative children are the best!
Post a Comment