Sunday, September 15, 2013

thoughts on a sunday



  • McKay is really into jump rope.  It all started at recess in second grade.  It's just the thing he does now.  I will never forget him showing off his skills on the driveway one afternoon and with the look on his face just daring any of the neighbor kids to take a look at him.  This is precious to me because I always want him to be proud of his jumping rope abilities and think it's cool.  I have to say he has improved quite a bit since the start of school.
  • He says a lot of boys play soccer at recess, but he does NOT want to because of the "school rules".  School rules = cheating in normal soccer terms.  But not at school, so that's why he can't stand to play.  I have driven by many days and spotted him on the  playground.  He is running or swinging or chasing or jumping or pretending.  I love that.  He's always got some buddies around him doing the same things and I hear about elaborate games and scenarios they find themselves in at recess.  He's a second grader and I am so happy he is still care-free and running around that playground.


  • We have had such an issue with spiders lately, mostly on our front porch.  This was a new one though- it was orange, huge and had an abdomen like a crab shell.  It was crazy.  I let it live there  on the side of the house for a day or two and then I just felt she overstayed her welcome and she had to go.  So we transported her across the street (into the neighbors backyard, hehe) and onto a utility box.  Did I mention how gigantic it was?




  • Laysie Lou got some squinkies from Grammy for her birthday.  Oh my goodness, she has been busy.



  • Walking Ellery's to a friend's house with Layla and baby in tow.  It was slow-going, but so worth it to have this view in front of me as I walked home.




  • Watching the BYU game at Grammy and Poppy's.  I showed up with three pretty excited fans.  I especially love the tie.





  • Layla and I have been walking the kids to school three days a week.  Two of those days we walk a little extra with our friends, which means we walk by Kevin.  Kevin is a huge pig.  Like if you think of a dirty, snorty, giant pig, Kevin is pretty much who you're thinking of.  He eats any snack you bring him and is filthy from rolling in the mud.  And he makes the perfect pig noises.  
  • Also important to note, it is not even 9:00 a.m. and this is what we're wearing.  At least it's something...the baby is naked.  I don't know what that girl is going to do when it turns cold and swimsuits are not an option.  A depression is sure to ensue.  




  • Ellery started gymnastics.  She is taking it with all her friends and so far loves it.  She is so excited to perfect her cartwheels and get better at head stands.  Look how beautiful my girl is.  I sure love her.




  • Brian ran a 17 mile race last week.  He actually ran 20 miles, but only 17 was part of the race.  We got to pick him up and be there at the finish line.  I sometimes forget how far he can run, like it's no big deal.  And then I think TWENTY MILES and I'm extremely impressed with my husband.  And then I kind of understand why he falls asleep at odd times and positions later that day. 




  • It's hard to believe that the same sunny day Brian ran that race, we had an extreme rain storm that  cause all sorts of havoc in Utah county.  The girls and I were having a girls night and made a stop at the Outlets.  It wasn't raining when we arrived, but that didn't last too long.  It was POURING.  We stayed put in the lobby for awhile, because we had heard driving conditions were scary and dangerous.  We got snacks out of the vending machine and the girls loved that.




  • McKay and Brian were lucky enough to get tickets to the BYU game from Lisa and Trevor.  They had quite a unique game experience with all that rain and wind.  I think it ended up being a nice night for them after the storm passed.  I was glad I wasn't there, and so happy that they were.  Those boys kind of really love BYU football.




  • Layla and I were twins last Sunday.  I didn't plan it ahead of time, but then when I noticed that my skirt was similar to hers, I decided to just go for it.  Me and my little doll.  I love her sweet little belly.




  • McKay meditating.  That's really all.





  • Layla:  "But mo-om.  You did my hair last week!"  Always a battle with my girls.  Honestly, Layla probably gets her hair done every other day.  That's just how it is.

0 comments: