In two weeks we had two first days of school, two birthdays, and a baptism. For a mother, that is a lot major events crammed into fourteen days. I was feeling the stress of it all- as I will probably do every August.
The good thing was that his baptism was the last big event- and undoubtedly the most important of the bunch. It was a great day where the Spirit was felt and a celebration was had with our wonderful family.
This is the list McKay wrote down of who he wanted involved in his baptism. I think he did a perfect job of planning his special day. I could not love this little list more if I tried.
He was pretty proud to be hanging around in his white jumpsuit that morning. I made him promise not to eat anything in it.
I love this picture of my two boys in white. I am grateful that Brian is worthy to baptize our boy. I am also grateful that Brian got new white pants that aren't a XXL from his heavier mission days.
I was happy to be able to speak to McKay about the Holy Ghost. I was emotional, of course, but shared a time in my life when the Holy Ghost spoke to me on behalf of McKay- when he had planned a trip with Granddad to Thunder Mountain and the Spirit told me he shouldn't go. He ended up being really sick that whole day and it was a great learning experience for both of us at that time to trust the Holy Ghost. I felt the Holy Ghost there in that room with us.
Poppy was assigned to give the talk on baptism. He did a beautiful job- I love hearing my dad speak. He talked about how McKay was making the first step in a series of good decisions to come in his life that will bless him and make him happy.
Granddad was able to confirm McKay a member of the church. McKay's namesake. This is somewhat of a tradition on the Matthews side of the family that we wanted to continue. He gave him a beautiful blessing where the Spirit was strong. I wrote some notes down during it- I'll have to find them and add them here.
I am sure grateful for this little family that I have. And so proud of the newest church member in our family.
And now some photos of the day:






0 comments:
Post a Comment