Saturday, August 30, 2014

june photos


Even though we had put the girls to bed we kept hearing the occasional giggle coming from their room.  After awhile of that, it was wailing that came from their room, followed quickly by Ellery running downstairs telling us that Layla had gotten really, really hurt!  We went up there to find that Layla had been climbing on her nightstand, talking to Ellery, and had fallen and hit her chin on "something metal"- that was the report we got, anyway.  She had quite a good cut slashed on the bottom of her chin.  It was a Sunday night.  I took her to Instacare and they glued it as best they could.  She was brave and didn't cry much.  I think she kind of loved going to the doctor, where people thought she was cute, instead of being in bed at home.  The glue lasted less than 24 hours before she pulled it off.


Mack went to BYU soccer camp in June.  He loved it!  I was so glad we signed him up.  He loved playing soccer every morning for four days, but also loved being at BYU (you know, he claims to feel very comfortable in Provo) and loved being coached by BYU soccer players.  It was really fun for him.


Orem Summerfest:


While we waited for dad to park the car, McKay hopped on this crazy-spinning ride.  This was big because rides have been a hard thing for him to want to do in the past.  He was brave and tried it...and loved it.  While we were waiting for him, the girls and I asked the guy running the ride if people threw up a lot on this one.  He said yes.  




This was right up the girls alley.  The slow-motion boat ride!




The parade this year...we wore sweatshirts.  




Strawberry Days Rodeo:


Strawberries and cream at the PG rodeo!  The kids loved it...although it was a bit exhausting to keep Layla entertained (without dropping everything we brought through the bleachers) I think she even had fun.  




A highlight was when McKay joined a hundred other kids to try and grab some cash off two calves.  He didn't get any, but he had fun trying.




I bought this pool at the beginning of the summer.  It was $25.  It has been worth every penny.  All three have enjoyed it many times this summer.  



McKay doesn't really know what to do if he is not doing one of three things.  1. Playing the computer/ipad  2.  Watching t.v.  3. Playing soccer outside
That's it.  If he's not doing one of those then he's bored and following me around.  And I don't let him watch much tv and his time on electronics is limited...so this is hard for us.
Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit...but he would play soccer in the backyard with anyone, anytime.



Another frequent scene outside.  Girls in swimsuits with a few Kerby boys hanging around.



I don't know... I just like it.



McKay bored while I check out a garage sale.  My kids are so patient with me carting them around.  I love it so much though.



Brian's Birthday:


For Brian's birthday I planned a family picnic up at Silverlake.  It is one of my favorite places to go- so, so beautiful!  Many of his family were able to join us.  The kids had a ton of fun throwing rocks into the water, looking at bugs, fish and ducks, and blowing bubbles.  




Alex, Tyler and little Mack were super brave and went for a swim.  It was cold, but they assured us it was refreshing!




We had coconut cupcakes to celebrate Brian turning 33!




Cute cousins!



Some of the party.  Look at that background...





My cute little family.  I am so grateful for them.  

0 comments: