Saturday, August 30, 2014

space party for a soccer fanatic



This nine year old woke up to breakfast in bed.  Can't get any easier than Toaster's Strudels.  My mom used to this on my birthday and I loved it, but we haven't done it consistently for our kids.  McKay requested breakfast in bed this year, and may have started something here.  Brian is not a fan.  Eating in bed under any circumstance makes him a little crazy.




He got right to opening his gifts.



I don't know what he liked more.  This Real jersey or the ginormous soccer goal that was set up in the backyard.  



When we ran the 5k in the spring, McKay won a free mission to the Discovery Space Center.  We kind of talked him into doing this for his party, even though he had wanted a soccer party.  He was hesitant and didn't really know what it was, but in the end he had a great time and loved it.  



It did feel a little funny to me dong a random space party for my son who doesn't have much of an interest in space...but I just went for it.




We had pizza, apples and cucumbers.






The part of the party that was held at our house was only about a half hour.  That is cake, presents, and a little bit of soccer all in a half hour.  It was quick.  I felt bad breaking up this game because they were having so much fun, but it was time to go.



Brian didn't take a picture of the group at the Space Center like I asked him to.  But he did take this one inside the ship.  I think they all loved it and were all abuzz with excitement when I picked them up after it was over.  McKay was the captain.




After all the buddies were dropped off, we went in the backyard to play soccer to end this birthday boy's special day.  






I sure love this boy.  My nine year old.

0 comments: