Holy cow was I busy. With about two weeks left until my Halloween due date, I crammed a lot into this week. I am one of those crazy pregnant ladies. I have a list about a mile long all throughout my pregnancies and am constantly crossing things off and adding new items to get done. It really is kind of out of control. So on my list this week was:
Getting maternity pictures taken. (I would not recommend doing this the week you have your baby. I was. . . puffy.)
Going to the Scarecrow Festival as a single mom (Brian was working).
Check
CheckAttending my baby shower on Tuesday.
CheckGoing visiting teaching and running several last minute errands on Wednesday.
Check
Having my water break on Thursday morning, about twenty minutes after Brian had asked me to have the baby that day so he didn't have to go to work. I like to please people. )
Check
And at 3:31pm having my precious baby girl.
CheckThe last couple days I've been thinking a lot about that week. There is nothing more exciting than bringing a new little person into the world. I love the anticipation. Nine long months finally coming to an end. I love being pregnant, even the last few days. I love having a newborn. I love how they smell. I love how they sound. I love how they feel when I cuddle them to sleep. I love the excitement and newness of it all.
But. . .
There's also something to be said about a one year old. I am not the biggest baby person; never have been. I mean, I love them. But I'm not baby crazy. I kind of love when they grow up, just a little bit.
Happy Birthday to my girl tomorrow.
3 comments:
happy belated b-day to ellery! hope it was an amazing day! what a beautiful girl.
She is so cute! I hope you had a fun time celebrating together. Did you make it to the Scarecrow Festival this year?
K you totally had me confused(not hard to do!) I can't believe she is already one!
Post a Comment