I am a pretty lucky girl. I have amazing women all around me. Helping me. Teaching me. Motivating me. Sisters, mothers, friends, neighbors. I get inspired by them often.
In Ellery's baby blessing last January, Brian said that she should learn from the women in her life and follow their examples. I've decided that this is good counsel for me too. I need to take advantage of the amazing talents and traits that these women have to offer and learn from them.
I am not the most domestic person. I've told you all that Brian makes dinner half (okay, most) of the time. I keep telling him that he's making me feel like a bad "homemaker" and to just let me do it, but he'll just say, "But I have this new pizza I want to try." or, "No, I've already planned something." I just had a sudden realization that maybe I'm a bad cook and that's why he wants to make it so often! Ha! What if that's why? Anyway, thanks to my sister-in-law Jenn and my mother-in-law Adele, I got seriously domestic on Saturday night. Apron and all.
We made and canned applesauce.
I'm not sure I could do this again on my own but I felt happy knowing that I tried something I'd never tried before, and we have some lovely jars of applesauce to show for it.
Next, maybe I'll get my friend Becky to coach me in the art of brownie making and baking. Check out her food blog- she's doing a giveaway for "brownie week" here. Mmm, they look so delicious!
2 comments:
Congrats on the applesauce! Your bangs are sooo cute!
don't you just feel like your filling the measure of your creation!
Post a Comment