Monday, January 19, 2009

time to play
























This afternoon Ellery and I found ourselves alone in the house while Brian and McKay were on a "man date" with their friends to the Auto show. This hardly ever happens. In fact, my house seems really strange when McKay isn't in it.






















After coming home from Ellery's 15 month checkup I had big plans. I had laundry to do, the sink was full of dishes, and I wanted to clean the house while the boys were gone. I thought it would be easy to get all that done with just Elle tagging along beside me. I was forming a plan in my mind of what to do first, and how to "entertain" Elle while I did it, when Ellery proudly presented me with the stacking blocks she had found all by herself.


























I realized that I'm hardly ever alone with this girl. I decided that my list of things to do could wait. . .and that alone time with my little Elle was the perfect way to spend the afternoon. We stacked these blocks over and over and she laughed every time she knocked them down





















It's so fun to actually see how her little mind works. When we're with McKay he often overshadows her creativity, just by being older, so I was happy to get the chance to observe her idea of playing for a little while. I liked seeing what she came up with.









I'm sure glad I took the time to just play with my girl. It was worth much more than a clean house and an empty sink.

4 comments:

Sarah and Desmond said...

I think too often of times. . . us mom's really forget to do that! Hats off to a fun playdate with your adorable girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh! How sweet! What a good little mommy you are!

Chris and Deb said...

She is so adorable and getting so big, how fun!

Hey can you send me your address to ostlerdeb@hotmail.com?

The Birds said...

This is so sweet! I'm finding that my alone time with Cassi is precious too!