Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!


No. Not really.

I'm really annoyed right now. It's been mounting over the last week or so, and I can't keep quiet about it anymore! Lets just talk about Valentine's day for a minute. First, have you noticed that the stores put out their Valentine's day stuff before December is even over? I mean, Christmas stuff, I can understand- it's the biggest holiday of the year, so starting it in October, I can kind of tolerate it. Christmas celebrating lasts a good month and a lot of people shop early for that. But Valentine's Day? No. We do not need a month and a half to prepare for that. Second, obviously the stores wouldn't start selling V-day stuff if people weren't buying it. So. Who is buying that stuff? Who comes home and says, "Oh good. I got all my Valentine's Day shopping done- a month early- what a relief!"?

On a related note, Target has swimsuits. Target has had swimsuits for awhile now. I could have bought a swimsuit on Christmas Eve if I'd wanted to. Why is it that I cannot find a pair of snow pants, or boots for toddlers anywhere in January, but I can find a swimsuit? I think it will probably snow again. . . and again. . .and again. Why are the retailers trying to get me to think about spring when I just opened my warm Christmas presents? Why?!


I'm really quite upset about this. For some reason this year it's really bugging me. I don't want to wear a swimsuit. I want to drink hot chocolate while trudging around in my furry boots.

The end.

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

I agree. I really want to find boots for Lilia, but so far no one has them anymore. Wal-mart said they're already getting spring shoes. Who the heck wants to think about sandals when we're still high-stepping through 2 feet of snow?

Adrienne said...

Oh, and one more thing. Who wants month-old chocolates for Valentine's day?

Reynolds said...

Amen, sister! I was totally floored when I walked into target and saw not just a couple swimsuits, but more swimsuits than maternity clothes (apparently that was the last time I was in target.)

Monica said...

Ha! Preach it girl, I feel the exact same way!

The Birds said...

You crack me up! Glad somebody said it!!