Monday, March 9, 2009

my thoughts during a jazz game




Sometimes I feel like all Brian does when he's home is watch basketball. He'll tell me that there's a Jazz game on that he wants to watch and because I'm such a wonderful wife, I usually let him watch in peace.

And then a couple hours later I'll ask him if it's almost over.

And he'll say, "Yep. There's ten minutes left."

And if you're a wife of a sports fan, you will know that means at least twenty minutes.

So a half hour will go by and he's still watching. It's then I realize he's been watching a whole new game for the last hour.

This happens quite often. We only have one tv. And we don't have tivo. So I get annoyed. Maybe I want to watch the Bachelor. (oh stop)

So on Friday night I decided that instead of getting annoyed, I'd watch the game with him. I don't mind watching basketball, actually. But for different reasons than Brian. Here are my deep thoughts:

  • I get that Deron Williams is the best player. I get that the Jazz are lucky to have him. What I don't get is his hair. It's ruining the fun of having the best point guard, whatever that means.
  • For the last year or so I keep telling Brian that everyone in the NBA travels all the time and nobody calls them on it. I always yell out, "TRAVEL!" every time I see someone do it, which is quite often. What is wrong with the refs?! Brian has always been confused by this and it wasn't until last night that I learned that I didn't know what traveling actually means. I thought it was that they have to bounce the ball after every two steps. Brian laughed at me. So really, the NBA hasn't been traveling as much as I've thought.
  • While we're on the subject, I thought that you only got a strike in baseball if you moved the bat a little, like you were going to swing, but then changed your mind and decided not to. That is not a strike, in case you thought it was. You get a strike even if you don't move the bat a little.
  • The Jazz were playing the Denver Nuggets, and I'll tell you they have the ugliest player on their team, bless his heart. I could not look at him. He was nauseating. I don't even know his name.
  • What if I could be this amazing basketball player? I might have this hidden basketball talent that I've just never developed. Or maybe I have amazing potential in the world of...
  • Kyle Korver is my boyfriend.
  • Carlos Boozer has an unfortunate last name. He is my age, which is unbelievable to me. He looks old.
  • I learned that they call Mehmot "Money". I am enjoying this nickname.
  • My very favorite thing about watching basketball, or any sport for that matter, is seeing tender moments between the players. It's especially captivating if the tenderness is between two players of opposite teams. Like if they hug at the end of the game. Or if one knocks another down and he helps him up. Or a little slap on the bum. I live for those.
  • I hesitate to share my last basketball thought, because it's a good one, and it could make me very rich. So don't steal my idea. Really, don't steal it. I just have to find out who to contact. Anyway, I am always fascinated with the players tattoos. They have them all over, covering each arm and who knows where else. I am fascinated by this. Wouldn't it be great to have a show with the players explaining their tattoos and when they got them and what they mean, etc...? I know! It would be great! It's going to be great. Like there was one player who had the WB shield/symbol on his arm. Why does he want the WB shield? What does that signify to him? I need to know.

I don't know if anyone is still reading this. I'm getting bored myself. The end.

0 comments: