Monday, March 2, 2009

we're in love again

I don't know if any other parents go through this with their kids, but I am constantly falling in and out of love with mine. Of course I still love them both like crazy, every single second of every day- you must not forget that. But I find myself "in love" with them at different times. Last week, when Elle wasn't napping and when she was whining and screeching about everything we were not in love.

I'm happy to report that we're back on. Even though she's still screeching about everything.

6 comments:

Reynolds said...

I understand. It's amazing what a little break does to refresh our views of our situations and remind us of what we love about our kids. I'm glad you guys had fun - glad you're back.

Adrienne said...

well said. I'm going to start saying that because that's exactly how I feel. thank you for putting it into words :)

the buff and stuff said...

yeah you can't stay out of love with a face like that for long. ri and i are so back on too. it had been more like 2 weeks though, ouch. i wish you could drop one of those matthewes kids at my place for a good play time. sad.

Kristen said...

i love that it's "screeching"

Molly and Jason said...

Today I am out of love with my son. If the kicking at diaper time doesn't change soon- I don't know what I'll do. But- I'm glad you're back on with Elle. It was so fun seeing you guys. I hope you had a great time!

The Birds said...

That is such a great way to vocalize it. I know the exact feeling, but could never put a name to it. So glad you did - now I can sleep!!