This year mothers day seemed very real to me. I felt like I was part of it, instead of just supporting it. 

I found myself thinking often today how grateful I am to be a mother.
Their mother.
Happy tears kept coming from those thoughts, which began as I watched my little Sunbeam proudly sing from the front row of the stage today in church. It melted my heart, and if I weren't standing with a group of other mothers singing back to the children on stage I would have just let the tears flow freely next to Brian in the congregation.
I have a child who sang in Sacrament meeting on Mother's Day. I felt like a mother today, and it felt wonderful. I love my job so much. Sometimes I don't- like when I have to chase McKay around the park because he doesn't want to go home, all the while trying to make sure we didn't get run over by a riding lawn mower- but almost all of the time I do. I get to have moments when my son comes up and tells me he loves me out of the blue. I get to have days where we play outside and pick flowers and pretend we're puppies. I get to wake up to two beautiful faces that are ecstatic to see me in the morning. I get to sing to my little girl while she snuggles against me in the middle of the night. I get a lot of good things out of this motherhood thing. Today I didn't want my kids to celebrate me being their mother, I wanted to celebrate that I am their mother.
I can't end this post without mentioning two other mothers I know. My mom. Oh how I love my little mother. So generous, so thoughtful, so loving, so sweet. And so stylish and young.
And Brian's mother, Adele.
So selfless, so Christlike, so talented, Grandma-extraordinare. I really lucked out in the in-law department. Like really. Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:
Sarah,
You put into words just how I feel about being a mother.
Also, thank you for the sweet compliments. I lucked out in the daughter in law department. Like really!
Adele
very sweet post. i got your comment and i sent you an email. hope you got it.
Love the cute pic of you and your kids. And I think your mom is the cutest ever! Hope you all had a fabulous mother's day! :)
Post a Comment