While packing up my parents garage I came across this old hat:
(including transforming this boy into Jack Kelly)
It was my PopPop's hat. He wore hats like this every time he went outside. Every time.
He also changed into slipper shoes every time he came inside.
He had the most wonderful British accent and was such a doting husband/father/grandfather to all us girls.
He was a man who had lived a lot of life by the time I was around to know him and he would tell fascinating (often very long) stories about his life's adventures.
When I was younger I would listen to his stories to make him happy.
I sure wish that I would have paid more attention. . .
because now, listening to his stories would make me happy.
I've put in a request that when Brian is an old man he will wear hats like this
It was my PopPop's hat. He wore hats like this every time he went outside. Every time.
He also changed into slipper shoes every time he came inside.
He had the most wonderful British accent and was such a doting husband/father/grandfather to all us girls.
He was a man who had lived a lot of life by the time I was around to know him and he would tell fascinating (often very long) stories about his life's adventures.
When I was younger I would listen to his stories to make him happy.
I sure wish that I would have paid more attention. . .
because now, listening to his stories would make me happy.
I've put in a request that when Brian is an old man he will wear hats like this
every time he goes outside.
4 comments:
how cute. and how cute was pop-pop! or however you spell it.
sorry i got your blog comment the other week and never responded. i'll post to the BF
HE is a handsome boy! Look at those eyelashes!!!! Such a sweet post.
I miss him too and wish I had listened more carefully to his stories. I'm glad you saved the hat.
He was so sweet! You have some awesome grandparents!
Post a Comment