Sunday, June 28, 2009

thoughts on a sunday

  • My camera is back! It took way too much time and way too much money to fix, but at least I feel whole again. And, absence does make the heart grow fonder- I like it more than I remembered.
  • We were driving home from dinner when we heard that Michael had died. I looked over at Brian and said, "OH MY GOSH! Michael Jackson died on your birthday! What does this mean?!" Brian said to me, "I feel like lots of historical things happen on my birthday." I'm still laughing. . .because, what historical things?
  • Tonight I talked on the phone with Buffy for three hours and I loved every minute of it. I really miss that girl. Really, really. I love good friends that you can talk to on the phone for three hours.
  • I think that this rainy June has been mother nature's way of preparing us for Oregon. I don't even know how I feel about it. I think maybe I don't like rain, but I can't quite be sure. I don't like when the bottoms of my pants get wet, I know that. I guess I'll find out soon enough how I really feel about it.
  • All the sudden Ellery is saying "mine!" about everything. This is something that totally drives me crazy. I know that it's a normal phase that every kid goes through, and I think it even has some sort of psychological developmental purpose, but I just hate it. And it happened over night. Brian and I are trying, in vain I'm sure, to correct it, but that girl is stubborn. And she doesn't care at all when we try to discipline her/tell her no.
  • Are you watching The Next Food Network Star? Brian and I kind of love the shows on Food Network Nighttime, and that one's our very favorite.
  • McKay gave another talk in primary. How come he's giving so many? Does he volunteer every time they ask? I think he must. Anyway, he totally rocked it this time! Before it was his turn he was sitting in the front mouthing/waving to Brian in the back "I can do it myself. I don't need help!" When they told him it was his turn he got up and started to talk into the microphone, but Brian stopped him just before something great was going to come out, I just know it.
  • This time the talk was audible. Clear even. But some kids got the giggles when his first line was delivered a little too close to the mic, so it was really loud and muffled. They laughed through the whole talk. McKay was so focused that he didn't notice, but I was standing in the back about to flick some heads, I tell ya.
  • Still, no one wants to buy our house. Actually, no one wants to even look at our house. We lowered the price. I am keeping my house spotlessly clean for nothing.
  • Nonnie is here for good! McKay is so happy about this, he loves her so much. And Elle is warming up quite nicely to her as well. I really love when Nonnie's here.
  • Lisa discovered coconut M&M's. They are a limited edition flavor. Try them. We all like them. I'm giving them as visiting teaching treats this month since I haven't done much visiting. Treats are always better than a message- I always say.

Happy Sunday

0 comments: