skip to main |
skip to sidebar
- When is life going to settle down? I'm still waiting. I'm getting sad about this because summer is going to fly by, and then we're off. I want to savor these last few months here, but that might not be possible due to our calendar that just keeps filling up.
- The other day I asked McKay to clean up his room. I was trying to tidy up the rest of the house so we could head out. He was whining and whining about it and finally I told him to just do his best and I would help him when I was finished. More whining. More pep talks on doing his best. In a frustrated tone he said to me, "But mom, I don't have any best in my body!" I assured him that he did and he comes back with, "But mom, my best is way down low." He eventually raised it.
- Do you want to buy our condo? Because you can if you want.
- Ellery is very into testing her limits. Today she hit me on the head with a car and I sternly told her no. We then had a staring contest to see who was in charge. She finally gave up and I won. But she spent the next three minutes raising her arm up and down, car clenched in her hand right in front of my head, starring me in the eyes. I really tried not to laugh. I can't let her get me!
- On a different Ellery note, Brian and I are quite disturbed. Whenever this girl sees a bug she gets all excited. She gets all excited, and then she says, "Step on it!" and promptly stomps the life out of the little guy. Every time she sees a bug! What little girl's first reaction to a tickle bug is to kill it?
- Our yard sale was a huge success. We raised over $1700 for camp- exceeding our goal by $700! I was so happy that all our hard work paid off and proud of our girls. And, we got away with only a light rain shower instead of the dramatic downpour that happened an hour after we cleaned up.
- At the yard sale a really old couple, who had a van packed from floor to ceiling with loose items, combed our tables looking for more stuff to add to their collection and they bartered like nobody's business. They would go add their items to their van then come back for more. We finally had to refuse their offer for a box full of random books and knick knacks so that they would leave. Brian thinks they were hoarders, others thought they'd re-sell the junk. Either way I was disgusted yet fascinated.
- I am feeling sad about Jon and Kate, and their eight. That's all.
2 comments:
What about jon and kate! I've been out of town for a few days....did something else happen....or is it just that it seems that they are headed for a divorce?
2 things- Why is it so hard not to laugh at your toddler when you're trying to discipline- this happens to me all the time! Occassionally he gets to me and I just let it out. And- my first reaction is to stomp on a bug- isn't yours?! Carter does this too. You could be like our Cambodian sister and take the bugs back outside to their home? I'm not that brave.
Post a Comment