Thursday, August 27, 2009

my boy

is four today.

It seems like there's always something crazy happening around McKay's birthday. This year, we happened to be trying to sell a house and moving out of it simultaneously. This makes for a random, hodge-podge birthday for this four year old. I would like to say that every little detail is in place and a theme has been chosen with coordinating decor, cake and paper plates. But the truth is we're having Pop Tarts for breakfast, a football cake and very un-four year old boy wrapping paper. Nothing meshes. And for tomorrow's activities? Showing the house in the morning and discussing an offer in the afternoon (cross your fingers). Pretty fun plans around here. But I'm okay with it because I know he'll be okay with it. It doesn't take much to please kids. . .something I need to remember more often.

And actually, in a few minutes I can celebrate the exact minute my little baby boy came into this world. Sure am glad he came into mine. I couldn't have asked for a sweeter child.

5 comments:

shannyn said...

happy birthday mckay. can you believe we have 4 year olds? time is going by way too fast. good luck with the house stuff.

The Reichmans said...

happy birthday. i am so sad i had to work when you got together at amandas-i really wanted to see you before you left. good luck with everything-i am excited to see all your new adventures.

Jessica Macdonald said...

I just found your blog again. Hope you guys are doing good. Sounds like you have moved. Good luck.

the buff and stuff said...

happy belated b-day mckay! i hope everything goes smooth for you guys sarah. oh and a belated congrats on not having to sleep alone anymore, very exciting!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the next post! Hope you are getting adjusted to the new world!