Sunday, November 15, 2009

thoughts on a sunday

  • We really miss Jana and Mark. They left on Tuesday and I was left with an empty feeling as they drove away. We so loved having them here. More about that later though. . . hopefully :)
  • Guess what? I don't edit my photos. Occasionally I'll get rid of some red eye. I wish I did more, but blogging takes enough time as it is. I just wanted to tell everyone.
  • My dad once told me you really just need one friend to be alright. I'm alright.
  • Ellery is totally napping again. Kind of since we got here. She will usually nap every other day, as long as she doesn't wake up too late. I am loving this because I put her down when McKay goes to school and I get about an hour of being alone, which lately is a pretty huge deal. I'll explain that later too.
  • I can do more crunches than Brian. This is quite possibly the only physical way that I dominate him. I like to talk about it.
  • I'm trying not to freak out about the swine flu. I'm trying. And I'm doing pretty good, but I did go on a hand sanitizer and children's medicine spree. I bought eight bottles of medicine and four bottles of hand sanitizer. I'm kind of a hand sanitizer snob. I only like Germ-X Lavendar scented. And when Jana was here we went to Walmart specifically to purchase said hand sanitizer. Walmart is one of the only places where I've seen it.
  • Walmart is 30 miles away from my house, so we haven't been since we moved here. Oh how I miss it. I felt like I was visiting an old friend.
  • My hair has lightened up quite a bit. There are things I like about it and things I hate about it. One of the things I hate most is the haircut. She hacked my hair. I know it was damaged, but she was having way too much fun with my split ends- letting her delight in removing them distract her from making sure my hair was evenly cut. Mental note: Never go eight months without getting a trim. Ever. The other day McKay looked at me and said, "Mom, why do you keep talking about your hair?" So after that little update, I'm done talking about it.
  • Just a little bragging about my little student. Brian continues to do extremely well in school. He's working so hard and it's paying off. Test scores to prove it! Proud of him.
Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

Mark and Jana said...

Thanks for hosting us. We had a great time and miss you all very much.

I felt the excitement for you in Walmart. You might just have to visit that friend more often.

James and Cassidee said...

We are 28 miles from a Wal Mart (well actually from anyting) too. It makes me all excited when I go there, until I get there an see all the other excited people too. Your posts are so funny. I enjoy reading them.

Reynolds said...

Funny how we have come to depend on certain stores. When we moved, I kept thinking that at least there was going to be a Wal-Mart built in the fall. Still no Wal-Mart so we drive through the canyon...