Sunday, November 22, 2009

thoughts on a sunday


  • This picture has nothing to do with anything. I hope Brian doesn't see it because eating in bed is SO not allowed, especially his bed.
  • While driving I always encourage McKay and Ellery to look out the window to, you know, see what they can see. When they find something interesting or cool they will usually shout it out to share with the whole car. I then respond with, "Good eye, McKay!" or "Good eye, Ellery!" They absolutely love this. Me saying good eye is just about the best praise I could give them.
  • One of the things McKay always looks for while driving is animal crossing signs- like deer crossing or ducks crossing. He'll say, "I saw a duck sign- that means ducks cross this road." He also loves to look for Oregon Duck or Beaver team signs. Well, the other day I announced that I saw an Indian sign- some kind of sports flag- and McKay said very matter of fact, "That means that Indians cross this road." We got a good laugh out of that one.
  • In this same car ride- it was eventful let me tell you- Ellery started crying because I wouldn't hold her hand. McKay looked over to her and said in the sweetest, most sincere voice of concern, "Oh Ellery, did you see a pirate?" She of course responded with an exaggerated whine, "Yeeeessss."
  • We are excited for Thanksgiving. Not only does Brian not have any school this week but his family is coming into town on Wednesday. We can't wait!
  • I decided today that there is almost nothing worse than bad church socks on a man. I am glad that Brian's ankles are always looking sharp on Sundays.
  • It gets dark here at about four-thirty p.m. Did anyone know that? I didn't until it started happening. With it being overcast so much and getting dark so early I definitely am having a desire to hibernate in my house for the winter. This is not a bad feeling.
  • McKay has started to say "er" as opposed to "or". It drives Brian crazy but we also think it's kind of funny.
  • I have spent several hours in the garage using a power tool. Sanding to be exact. I feel very masculine using a power tool in my garage. I'm refinishing the other bunk bed to add to McKay's room. I hate sanding.
  • Did you know it is possible for a baby to do baby talk? Ellery has shown us that it is very possible. Kind of precious, kind of annoying. Not really sure which one will win out.
Oh, Happy Sunday!

1 comments:

Reynolds said...

I'll be excited to see pics of the bunk bed. Happy Thanksgiving and hooray for visitors for your new place.