- We had a great Halloween. The kids loved it. I always thought I loved Halloween, but I think the older my kids get, the more and more I'm not loving it. You see, we now have two huge bowls of candy. And the kids know we have two huge bowls of candy. And they know that it's their candy. And between the asking for candy, and the whining for candy, and the sugar highs from the candy, I'm thinking, why do I love Halloween again? They have actually been pretty good today and I'm sure they'll lose interest in it soon enough, but the other problem is that I probably won't loose interest until it's gone.
- McKay has been very interested in clocks and time lately. He will ask us when it's time for school, and we'll tell him when the long hand is on the twelve and he cannot focus on anything else until the long hand is on the twelve.
- We have some festive neighbors and there are a lot of skeleton decorations around our neighborhood. Whenever we walk by one Ellery will say, "Look! A pirate ship!" I haven't corrected her because I still think it's just as cute now as I did the first time she said it.
- My skin is going through an identity crisis. All the sudden it just decided to freak out. My neighbor said it's from coming from such a dry climate to a humid one. I feel like I'm fifteen.
- This week over half of McKay's preschool class was wiped out with illness. Two days this week he was one of five or six students at school, from a class of twelve. Our ward is taking hand sanitizer precautions like you wouldn't believe and almost every week they talk about having common sense when coming to church. Meaning, don't come if you're at all sick. After announcements like that I think everyone is afraid to even clear their throat. So then that makes me feel a little justified when the lady in front of me in relief society was coughing up a lung and I had really mean thoughts about her and her coughing germs.
- We are so excited to have our first visitors this week! Jana and Mark can't come soon enough!
- The other day McKay had a brilliant idea. He told us he needed three people. He was so excited to direct Brian and I into forming human letters with our bodies and I have no idea where it came from. Sesame Street maybe? But he doesn't really watch that. However he came up with it, it had Brian and I smiling.
- Brian is feeling so happy for the time change because now he won't be running in complete darkness in the mornings. I am feeling like I don't like it getting dark by 5:20 at night. Why is that so hard to get used to every year?
- I really love my parents. That's all.
Happy Sunday!
1 comments:
Our bishop is a germ-a-phobe by profession so we get weekly talking to's about washing our hands and not coming to church if we are slightly sick.
Post a Comment