Sunday, April 18, 2010

ellery

There is a reason we are finding it so difficult to come up with (and agree on) a name for this baby.  It's Ellery.  At least for me it is.  I love the name Ellery.  When I was pregnant with McKay, and before we knew he was a boy, we had names for both sexes.  McKay and Ellery.  Now we have a boy and a girl and we have a McKay and an Ellery and I'm afraid that no other girl's name compares.  I just can't find one that I love as much as that one.  It's feminine and beautiful.  And I want to love this baby's name, I really want to love it.  We have a small list of names, but I'm finding it really hard to just settle and not be totally in love with one the way I am with Ellery.    



Just for fun, this beautiful bride is the original Ellery.  Isn't she gorgeous?  This is the first and only Ellery I've actually known.   She is my best friend Katie's sister and I find myself talking about her all the time.  Well, basically I say, "My friend's little sister was named Ellery," when people ask me where we got her name.  It happens often.  Ellery is an amazing dancer as well as being a total sweetheart, so I wasn't surprised when Katie told me that there are a whole bunch of baby Ellery's inspired by this girl.    

This picture was taken at her wedding reception a couple years ago.  I wanted to make sure and snap a quick picture of these two together because I figured it might be the only time they would be in the same place at the same time.  I think it will be fun for my Elle to look back and see where we got her name.  

And as for baby girl, I'm just hoping that something comes to me.  And even more, I'm hoping that Brian agrees.

0 comments: