Thought it was time to put a picture of all of us on here.
- I really don't want to brag, but last week when I came downstairs after getting ready for church, McKay looked at me and said, "Mom, you look like the girl from Single Ladies!" Me and Beyonce. I get it all the time.
- While stopped at a light on a freeway exit McKay looked out the window and said, "Mom, I see a dead man," just as nonchalantly as could be. I then noticed the homeless man laying flat on his back in some grass on the side of the street. It was very hard to tell if he was sleeping or if he really was dead, as the location was a very strange place to take a nap. Another driver actually got out of the car to make sure he wasn't dead. He wasn't. Just nappin'. But I love how McKay just noticed a dead man with absolutely no alarm or concern in his voice.
- On Monday Ellery woke up throwing up. My poor girl threw up twelve times in less than four hours. It was heartbreaking. She just laid around all day and I washed towel, after towel, after towel. She was so good though, and by six o'clock she was running around with her brother.
- Last night I was trying to describe someone from our ward to Brian but I didn't know his name. "He's a normal looking guy with brownish hair." Brian just looked at me like, "Are you serious?" and then we both started laughing. We still haven't figured out who I was talking about, even though Brian played basketball with him yesterday. He said he didn't see any normal looking guys.
- Of course I'll do a separate post on this, but we took off McKay's training wheels yesterday. He and Brian worked on riding his "two wheeler" all afternoon and he is doing great. Still needs more practice stopping and starting, but we're sure proud of him!
- Potty day is getting closer and closer! Today we picked out some undies for little Elle. She was so excited and picked out princess undies, of course, and a pack of Tinkerbell. She and McKay had just watched the Tinkerbell movie on tv earlier this week, so she was really excited about those undies. Like really excited. Brian was having a really hard time accepting her choice as he is not a fan of the little fairy. He kept trying to tempt her with Minnie Mouse or Dora, but she was not giving up those Tinks! He had to admit defeat, and we had to have a conversation about why he hated Tinkerbell so much.
- After we got home from the store, Brian made a bold move and let her try on some of her undies, sans diaper. Naturally, she chose a pair of Tinkerbells and insisted on ditching all of her clothes as she ran around in just her new undies. Her face was adorable and her dance moves/excited squeals/ running around in circles were priceless. I don't really know how this potty training thing will work for her because she is really into being a baby and being babied, but I was encouraged when she had a fit at having to go back to her diaper. We shall see- next Friday is the big day!!!
- After Elle was dancing around in her undies Brian looked at me and said, "I can't believe my boy is riding a bike and my baby is wearing underwear. What is going on here?" I agree. I can't believe it either and they are just growing up so fast. McKay is going to be five soon. FIVE. How can I have a five year old?
- Rugby has started up again, and Brian is playing on Saturday mornings. He's also playing ward basketball, also on Saturdays. He's also studying on Saturdays. I am a nice wife on Saturdays.
- I had a doctor's appointment this week and was relieved to hear that everything on the ultrasound was normal. So baby girl looks good and healthy. They couldn't tell me anything except the gender when we got the ultrasound, so I had been waiting to hear that everything was normal. So glad that everything looks good so far.
- Ellery loves to talk to the baby. She pretty much has the same little speech prepared every time. She first says, "Mom, can I talk to your baby?" and then she'll pull up my shirt- has to be skin to skin- and say, "Hi baby. How are you? I'm going to play with you when you come out. Okay? Bye baby." It's adorable. But it wasn't so adorable when I was visiting teaching and she was getting restless and wanted to talk to the baby. Remember the skin to skin thing? Well, I then spent the remainder of the visit trying to keep her from pulling up my shirt and exposing my lovely stomach. It was a fight, and thankfully I won.
- I've been missing our families this weekend. We didn't have much going on and I just wished that we could go and hang out with our family. Anyone want to move to Portland? You'll like it, I promise.
Happy, happy Sunday to you!
3 comments:
It's true Sarah, life is going too fast. You are old enough to have a 5 year old and I am old enough to have a 6 year old! Oh boy.
why does brian hate tinkerbell?
Hey I have been thinking about you a lot lately and wondering how you are doing-pete and I are most likely moving this fall and you are in the same situation we would be in-leaving both families behind and it being the first time out of Provo. I don't know how I feel about it, even though I know it will be so good for me, I still cry just thinking about it. As you can see I am slightly terrified. Congrats on baby girl #2. I can most definitely see the resemblance between you and Beyonce:)
Post a Comment