How annoying is it that I have waited until now to write about Easter?
We spent the Easter weekend with Brian's family. The whole family was in town because of Lindy and Alex's wedding a couple days before, so we lucked out and were able to spend conference weekend and Easter with the family. We had such a good weekend and we loved being all together again.
Here's a brief recap of our activities:
Conference: Treats after each rest hymn, Elise cutting her paper up into teeny tiny pieces, Adele's cinnamon rolls, big McKay's purchased homemade goodies that came to the door at random, coloring to stay awake, Missy's amazing artwork, me doing a loud snore that startled me awake, and of course the amazing messages we got to hear.
The Easter stuff: Dying the eggs, finding the eggs, breaking the eggs, snow on Easter morning, more conference, remembering and pondering, delicious Easter dinner, having a family stretch, playing games after the kids went to bed.
My camera battery died right after we got to Utah, so I only took a few pictures, and none at all during this weekend, so these pics are all courtesy of Ken, Jaynann and Adele.
Elise, McKay, Sharp, Marilyn, Brigham

Marilyn and McKay
Silas and Addie
McKay, Elise, Elle, Sharp

In Brian's family they do such a fun thing with their Easter eggs. A few weeks before Easter they delicately crack just the bottom of all the eggs they use and save them. Then they dye the real egg shells, just like you'd dye a normal hard-boiled egg. After the eggs are dry the egg shells are filled with candy and little treats and sealed with wet tissue paper. These are the eggs that the children get to hunt for, and once the hunt is over they get to crack all those beautiful eggs and find their surprises inside.
It's the funnest tradition, but I still haven't decided how we will do Easter. Luckily I didn't have to because we were at Grandma's this year, but by next year I'm going to have a plan of our own to follow. I had always thought that these eggs were too much work, but after seeing them again this year I may have decided that a little hard work is worth it. We'll see.



0 comments:
Post a Comment